Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • My surprise! from  Quilts by Golly >
  • My surprise! from Quilts by Golly

• My surprise! from Quilts by Golly

Old 07-17-2010, 11:19 AM

I have been sitting in the house sewing some star blocks to make a quilt for a friend at work. Checking outside for the mail ( 90 degrees and humid) . I had preordered the new bird and birdhouse collection -Sweet Melody. And got an email that it was shipped out. After 2 hours of going out and checking in the heat---finally a big box on my step--and a little box on top of that?? I don't remember ordering anything else. I opened up the little box first, because good things come in little packages. It was squares of beautiful fabric from Quilts by Golly ( from this board). She sent me such beautiful fabrics and said to make a quilt for myself. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I can't find her name to PM her; so I hope she sees this. Now how do I find the time to make Me a quilt? Oh and the bird collection is beautiful too!
    Old 07-17-2010, 11:21 AM
    Pam

Yay for you, and Quilts by Golly.
    Old 07-17-2010, 11:26 AM
    Power Poster

Oh, lucky you!
    Old 07-17-2010, 12:51 PM
    Power Poster

How nice. I'm so happy for you. There are some wonderful people on this board.
    Old 07-17-2010, 12:58 PM
    Power Poster

That was very sweet of her!!! Now you need to schedule some ME time to make YOUR quilt :D:D:D
    Old 07-17-2010, 03:40 PM
    Banned

I had sent you 6 1/2" novelty fabric for quilts you were making for 2 yr old and 5 yr old boys.
    You sent me a check for postage, which I hadn't asked for and I was very impressed. In your note you said it was going to be hard to part with some of them, esp. Roy Rogers, whom you remembered affectionately from your childhood.
    That somehow put me on a mission and thus you got a box of 6 1/2" squares more appropriate for an adult woman, incl 2 Roy Rogers.
    I enjoyed assembling them for you.
    Have fun.
    Old 07-17-2010, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by gollytwo
    I had sent you 6 1/2" novelty fabric for quilts you were making for 2 yr old and 5 yr old boys.
    You sent me a check for postage, which I hadn't asked for and I was very impressed. In your note you said it was going to be hard to part with some of them, esp. Roy Rogers, whom you remembered affectionately from your childhood.
    That somehow put me on a mission and thus you got a box of 6 1/2" squares more appropriate for an adult woman, incl 2 Roy Rogers.
    Have fun.
    Thank you very much. Those Roy Rogers squares still brought tears to my eyes. ( I don't know why , I always loved that show.) You are a very sweet lady!!
    Old 07-17-2010, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by PurplePassion
    Originally Posted by gollytwo
    Have fun.
    Thank you very much. Those Roy Rogers squares still brought tears to my eyes. ( I don't know why , I always loved that show.) You are a very sweet lady!!
    I would just like to say, that the coversation and interaction between the two of you brings joy to my heart. Thank you for giving me hope in the human race. I have all but given up on all of the "bad behavior" I have seen. It's even worse it seems between "family members" lately.

Thank you for giving me the pleasure of the kindness and joy between the two of you.
    Old 07-17-2010, 04:13 PM

It is wonderful to come on here and read all the good things that the members do for each other. I too thank you for sharing your kindness and joy.
    Old 07-17-2010, 04:22 PM

:) so cool