Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • My Upcoming Quilt.......or Disaster!!!! by Danmar >
  • My Upcoming Quilt.......or Disaster!!!! by Danmar

• My Upcoming Quilt.......or Disaster!!!! by Danmar

Old 08-02-2010, 07:12 AM

I'd have shot her!
    Old 08-02-2010, 07:32 AM

All I can say is better you than me. I think it will turn out beautiful. Although I think it will look more like a "scrappy" quilt with all those colors. Not a bad thing, but not a planned out top either. Good luck!
    Old 08-02-2010, 08:01 AM

Hey Marilyn, I've got an idea...just kidding :lol: You have to be the most patient person I know. I couldn't help but laugh at all of the changes...how do you keep it straight?

I know you want to make the quilt that Pauline expects so I think you do need to show her (as best you can) how the finished quilt will look, to get her final (is there such a thing) approval. That way you can make it without second guessing yourself, and she will receive the quilt she invisions.

I would love to see the continuation of this saga, pictures and all. i really enjoyed seeing your Swish quilt progress. I think you are going to win...you sure deserve to. :-D :-D :thumbup:
    Old 08-02-2010, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by stefanib123
    Ok, here's the REAL story:

Agent Pauline is a super secret FBICIAABC agent. There is a top secret mission that needs a super secret, super special quilt to save the world. Pauline MUST find the one person who is up to the challenge and has been predicted by the ancient Amish to appear in the 21st century.

Enter THE TESTS. Agent Pauline has been searching the world over testing and trying to find THE ONE who has the gift that is required for this super secret quilt. Candidates are tested with tests that will kill a mere mortal quilter. THE ONE has not been found. Time is running out.

Will Danmar be THE ONE? Has Agent Pauline finally found the one that she has searched to the ends of the earth for? Will the prediction be fulfilled and mankind saved?

Tune in next time to find out!
    :lol: :lol: :lol: I think you figured it out! (psst... what is FBICIAABC?)
    Old 08-02-2010, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyblue
    I think it will be pretty, anyway. I like the colors a lot. And I did actually think the kite shapes made it look better (not that it was bad before). But I can imagine how I would be gritting my teeth every time the phone rang with her wanting to change her mind every little bit!
    Oh! I guess that I forgot to mention that I love the Kites! I think it will be really awesome looking. I am just a little concerned about the dark blues and dark purple that will go in the Carpenter's Stars. I think the colors for the little 8 Point Stars and the red and green will all look great! I'm going to probably talk to her and see if she can get more of the one red I use if I need it, so that all the reds match throughout the quilt.

Yea, the kites will be awesome. My DH is just sure that I will hear from her again with more changes. :lol:
    Old 08-02-2010, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by pocoellie
    All I've got to say is, Good Luck. You're going to need it with Pauline changing her mind, every day. I don't think you're charging enough, regardless that she's a relative, of sorts.
    I know that you are probably right. In fact, I'm just positive. I was going to charge her $150 to begin with. Now, I'm getting $200. for making it. Probably way toooo low!!! I'm sure. But I really don't know how much to charge for making quilts. If anyone has any suggestions on what I should be charging, PLEASE!, feel free to tell me! I would greatly appreciate it!!!!
    Thanks a lot!!!
    Marilyn

Oh! BTW, As I mentioned, I'm thinking of adding another $25.00
    to make all the "kites" that she added. That's going to be alot of work. Do you think $25 is a fair amount?
    Old 08-02-2010, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by pocoellie
    All I've got to say is, Good Luck. You're going to need it with Pauline changing her mind, every day. I don't think you're charging enough, regardless that she's a relative, of sorts.
    I know that you are probably right. In fact, I'm just positive. I was going to charge her $150 to begin with. Now, I'm getting $200. for making it. Probably way toooo low!!! I'm sure. But I really don't know how much to charge for making quilts. If anyone has any suggestions on what I should be charging, PLEASE!, feel free to tell me! I would greatly appreciate it!!!!
    Thanks a lot!!!
    Marilyn

Oh! BTW, As I mentioned, I'm thinking of adding another $25.00
    to make all the "kites" that she added. That's going to be alot of work. Do you think $25 is a fair amount?
    Old 08-02-2010, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by danmar
    Originally Posted by Butterflyblue
    I think it will be pretty, anyway. I like the colors a lot. And I did actually think the kite shapes made it look better (not that it was bad before). But I can imagine how I would be gritting my teeth every time the phone rang with her wanting to change her mind every little bit!
    Oh! I guess that I forgot to mention that I love the Kites! I think it will be really awesome looking. I am just a little concerned about the dark blues and dark purple that will go in the Carpenter's Stars. I think the colors for the little 8 Point Stars and the red and green will all look great! I'm going to probably talk to her and see if she can get more of the one red I use if I need it, so that all the reds match throughout the quilt.

Yea, the kites will be awesome. My DH is just sure that I will hear from her again with more changes. :lol:

I think it will look a bit like a planned scrap quilt, although I hope she won't see it that way. A scrap quilt, meaning so many different colors. If it works out with all those colors I think it will be one absolutely beautiful quilt. With you expertise I have no doubt it will work out great and I am so anxious to see the final results as well as the tutorial as you do it. Go for it. I am sure it will be fantastic!
    Old 08-02-2010, 08:41 AM

You're charging WAY too low on the price, relative or not!!!
    Old 08-02-2010, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by WANNABEE
    I'd have shot her!
    I agree - I am patient but that is beyond funny!