Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • My Wonder Clips (Didn't know they had a name) >
  • My Wonder Clips (Didn't know they had a name)

• My Wonder Clips (Didn't know they had a name)

Old 05-18-2014, 10:06 AM

Never used for binding or fabric but have used for years as chip bag clips.
    Old 05-18-2014, 02:33 PM

Great idea! If I was not already happy using my small binder clips, I might have tried them. I like the binder clips because they do not catch the thread while I am hand stitching the binding down, as long as I remember to fold the 'legs' down as I go.
    Old 05-18-2014, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by nvb50
    I had my husband do this for me awhile back. Just love them
    Me too. soooooooooo many uses for clips all around the house and I had hangers . Good idea .
    Old 05-19-2014, 03:31 AM
    Power Poster

All of you ladies are so full of great comments about my DH. And, I feel he is "One of a Kind", But, I just wanted to tell you that his favorite thing to do is stop at someone's trash pile and pick up something he can repair. Today's society is what I call a "throw away" society. Most products are made to just throw away when they quit working and buy another. Most vehicles are about 50% plastic or synthetic parts. Years ago we didn't have the money to just buy something new when the one you had quits working. (still don't LOL). He is constantly trying to figure out what he can use something for if it is going to be thrown away. I can see that many of you ladies are from the same generation as we are. Many of the ideas you have are just as great. Thanks for sharing. It really helps those that are on a tight budget.
    Old 05-19-2014, 03:43 AM
    Power Poster

I would not have thought they could easily be detached. BRAVO!! I use them to hang quilt tops up in the closet. Great to have a creative husband. The idea for using it on the third hand is terrific but I don't think they would work for sewing binding on to the back. They are much too large to use. Your husband would have to shirk them down 75%. The Clover Wonder Clips are so much smaller. I recently bought two 10 packs on sale at JAF (50% off) and they making sewing binding to the back so much easier then with straight pins.
    Old 05-19-2014, 08:43 AM

Your hubby is a keeper for sure!! Can I borrow him?
    Old 05-20-2014, 01:38 AM
    Power Poster

It is wonderful when you can go to JAF and buy your Clover Clips but the closest JAF to me is about 45 miles away. With the price of gas I cannot affort to go. If you order something on line, you have the shipping charges. I realize they are larger than the small Clover clips but you can make them work. If I need something smaller I use the snap hair clips that you push on the middle of them and they snap shut. Thanks for the nice comments. There are many great uses for these clips. GOD Bless

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2
    I would not have thought they could easily be detached. BRAVO!! I use them to hang quilt tops up in the closet. Great to have a creative husband. The idea for using it on the third hand is terrific but I don't think they would work for sewing binding on to the back. They are much too large to use. Your husband would have to shirk them down 75%. The Clover Wonder Clips are so much smaller. I recently bought two 10 packs on sale at JAF (50% off) and they making sewing binding to the back so much easier then with straight pins.