Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • my youngest granddaughter- always avoiding problems :) >
  • my youngest granddaughter- always avoiding problems :)

• my youngest granddaughter- always avoiding problems :)

Old 08-29-2011, 07:10 PM

My hair is silver gray and my natural blond/lt. brown mix. Everytime I got to the hair dresser, they ask me where I get my hair highlighted ??
    Old 08-29-2011, 07:56 PM
    Power Poster

I don't think it is avoiding a crisis but a decision to keep trying to look good.
    Old 08-30-2011, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    The all over same color of dyed hair looks so dyed! A super stylist showed me how to have natural looking dyed hair. If going darker, choose an ash shade of the color you want. Forget dark brown to black hair color, it never turns out natural. Streak the color on your hair and with a plastic brush, brush the color through your hair. Never saturate your hair with the dye like shampoo. Your hair should have many different shades of your hair color to look natural. It's easy to do and you don't need much color. In fact you'll throw away more then half the bottle if your hair is short. Don't be tempted to use it all just because you bought it.
    Instead of discarding half a bottle, I just measure out half of each bottle in the kit, and save the rest--unmixed!--for next time. Very easy to do if you wash and save the bottles from one kit, then fill each half way, before mixing, after that. I've even split a package into three-use portions for simple touchups.
    Old 08-30-2011, 02:58 AM

Nothing like a cracked head! I dyed my hair for a number of years and then stopped when a deep tissue itch developed in my neck. Now my hair shaft is thin, and my hair is thinning. Stay natural. I well remember my aunt VA dyed her hair and then stopped. The result was that she looked younger. Her hair and skin tone were right for each other.
    Old 08-30-2011, 06:44 AM

I have colored mine since my mid 30's. Wow, almost 20 years. My hair grows so fast that I have to color it or touch up the roots every 3 weeks. I would love to stop coloring. It's just that most people think I am 10 years younger than I really am. With gray hair I am sure I will look 10 years older. I'm just not ready for that. But when I am, I may try the silver dye idea.
    Old 08-30-2011, 10:28 AM

Used to dye my hair & it was really long for many years at DH continuous suggestion. :-) Then I had cancer & lost it all. It came back white & DH insists I keep it short, so I won't color it anymore. Like someone else said..I've earned it,worked hard for it & I owe it to myself! LOL.
    Old 08-30-2011, 05:25 PM

That's so cute. You always have to watch what you say in front of the little ones don't you?

I'm 62 and have a few gray hairs at my right temple area. I haven't decided whether I'll dye my hair or not.

Both my daughters tease that they want "my hair genes" rather than their father's. This is because my side goes gray late. My grandmother was salt and pepper into her late 80's, my mother had mostly dark hair with a gray stripe going back from her right temple area when she passed at 77 while the girls' father started going gray in his 30's and his mother was totally gray at 30 when I first met her.
    Old 08-30-2011, 07:08 PM

I'll be 50 in September. My hair started to gray at 21 and by my mid 30's was completely gray. I colored it for years, then this past December, I decided No More! I let it grow out a bit then had it cut short, short in February. I still had a touch of color here and there, but by April all the color was gone and the real me was here. It is the color of Paula Deen's - the only difference is mine is healthy and free!
    Old 09-02-2011, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by CanoePam
    I am almost 57 and I have only a few gray hairs, mostly at my temples. Since I have a rather mousey brown hair, they aren't very obvious. My sister, a year younger and with much darker hair (almost black), started getting gray hairs in her mid twenties It's easy for me to say I won't dye my hair but a lot harder for her to say it when she was 50% gray by 30! She is still dying her hair, but I do think she should use a lighter shade - she still uses the same very dark color she had in her 20s. Oh well, it's her hair and not mine - I'm far too lazy!

Pam
    I am nearly 60 and when my hair started to go grey when I nearly lost my daughter 15 years ago,I went grey overnight. My mum told me that I looked like an old lady. So I dye it for my self not for any other reason.