Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Name badges for guilds >
  • Name badges for guilds

• Name badges for guilds

Old 01-21-2014, 05:45 AM

In our quilt club, we each make our own. Fun to see all the different styles.

LOVE your idea Ifletcher.
    Old 01-21-2014, 05:49 AM
    Power Poster

i have seen every imaginable design for a name badge. my biggest problem with them is that there is not a high contrast between the background and the name. some of us of a certain age have vision issues and cannot quickly read the names. early in my quilting career, i made a combination badge/chatelaine. i used a white background and put a red sawtooth edging on it. i embroidered my name in black on the front. it was a pocket in which i could put my small scissors tied to the pocket by a ribbon. i can also put my leather thimble and credit cards. now that cell phones are popular, i'd probably make it large enough to put the phone in, too. i can put pins and needles in the fabric sides. in some situations [ex: quilt shows] i don't want to give my last name, so i embroidered just my first name on the back... again, black on white. the chatelaine/badge hangs around my neck with the same red ribbon that i used for the scissors.
    Old 01-21-2014, 05:50 AM

our guild has a source that will embroidery our logo and name on a denim shirt....always know what to wear to guild LOL
    Old 01-21-2014, 06:06 AM
    dd

Because we are in the mountains, we chose Delectable Mountains. It has a strip at the top with the guild name & a strip at the bottom for your name. I embroidered mine on the machine but some have done it by hand and others had one of the ladies print their strips on her computer. It's a quilted & I keep the little tack pins I have received over the years that pertain to quilting on this pin. It's really cute and I like wearing it. Oh, and everyone makes their own. Amazing to see how they all turn out just a little differently.
    Old 01-21-2014, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by lfletcher
    We had a contest at our guild. Each member made their own, then we awarded a prize for the best. Also, if someone doesn't wear their nametag, they have to "feed the piggy" a quarter. At the end of the year we use that money to draw a member's name and award them a free year's membership. (I won this year.)
    We too have a "fine" of 25 cents - lol - I am forever (well maybe not forever - but often) forgetting my badge. This fine goes to help pay the cost of the raffle and raffle items we have at each meeting
    Old 01-21-2014, 06:51 AM

Can't show a picture. One group out on a trip all wore a flower with the centre had the quilt groups name on. They looked beautiful.
    Old 01-21-2014, 07:00 AM

In a guild I belong to, each member makes their own. It's fun because it reflects the personality of each member. Also, we have a club membership pin and everyone wears their pin on the name tag. Can also wear pins from quilt shows and memberships on it as well.
    Old 01-21-2014, 07:04 AM

I'm made one of my out mini candy bar warps. eat the candy bars and open the warp sew them together to framer a white peices fabric for the name. any one of them I made a 4 in. bug jar blocks with the name in the jar.

Last edited by sweetpea; 01-21-2014 at 07:07 AM.
    Old 01-21-2014, 07:52 AM

I have noticed that some in my quilt groups make a stole and have their names on that instead of a name tag. The put the pins for the various quilting events on them and decorate them however they want.

I made a square in a square for use with one of my groups and a log cabin design with the group's label for the other. I found a vendor where I could buy magnetic badge holders. This way I don't have to pin holes in my clothes.
    Old 01-21-2014, 04:10 PM

Thank you all for the response. I'll try to come up with something clever.