Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Need Advice About Working From an Incomplete Kit >
  • Need Advice About Working From an Incomplete Kit

• Need Advice About Working From an Incomplete Kit

Old 04-07-2011, 05:27 AM
    Power Poster

I had the same problem with that kit - it's been started for a long time. Anyway, I got half yard pieces of the fabric on ebay and cut my own pieces. I still don't have a setting kit, but will figure something out if I ever finish the blocks. I am stalled at the applique. Not interested in it. I might use the fabric and recreate some of the other blocks. Won't be the same, but, oh well, would move it from UFO to complete.

I'm glad you found what you need. Will be looking for a picture of it completed - I'm hoping it will inspire me!!
    Old 04-07-2011, 05:40 AM

Sorry to hear that but I agree with the others, post a pic & perhaps some of us can help with ideas or maybe someone may have the kits & never used them. I have some block of the months from JoAnns that my dear friend started but never finished & was given when she passed away. I will never use them but would be more than glad to help someone out if they were doing the same quilt.
    Old 04-07-2011, 08:02 AM

This might be a wake up call to all of us.

AS SOON AS YOU GET A SEALED PACKAGE HOME, CHECK TO SEE THAT EVERY PIECE IS PRESENT.

Then you will still have the receipt and can take it back for either a refund, or a new package (WHICH YOU CAN AND SHOLD CHECK RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF THEM)
    Old 04-07-2011, 08:28 AM

This is what the setting kit looks like, but, if you have ANY of it, I would be glad to buy it from you.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-180827.jpe  
    Old 04-07-2011, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
    This might be a wake up call to all of us.

AS SOON AS YOU GET A SEALED PACKAGE HOME, CHECK TO SEE THAT EVERY PIECE IS PRESENT.

Then you will still have the receipt and can take it back for either a refund, or a new package (WHICH YOU CAN AND SHOLD CHECK RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF THEM)
    You are absolutely right! And, DON'T leave them for years, before you attempt them...the fabric is discontinued very quickly.
    Old 04-07-2011, 08:52 AM
    Power Poster

How about putting in a request for this in the Classified Section?

Also, you could post in www.missingfabrics.com and/or www.fabrics.net
    Old 04-07-2011, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper
    I had the same problem with that kit - it's been started for a long time. Anyway, I got half yard pieces of the fabric on ebay and cut my own pieces. I still don't have a setting kit, but will figure something out if I ever finish the blocks. I am stalled at the applique. Not interested in it. I might use the fabric and recreate some of the other blocks. Won't be the same, but, oh well, would move it from UFO to complete.

I'm glad you found what you need. Will be looking for a picture of it completed - I'm hoping it will inspire me!!
    Joann's emailed me back and said they would send me the instructuins for the setting kit, but, unfortunately the fabric was no longer available, either in their stores or on the web. I guess I'll just cross all fingers and any other crossable body part and pray I win the bid on ebay for the setting kit.
    Old 04-07-2011, 03:39 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by quilterella
    Originally Posted by Stitchnripper

Joann's emailed me back and said they would send me the instructuins for the setting kit, but, unfortunately the fabric was no longer available, either in the
    ir stores or on the web. I guess I'll just cross all fingers and any other
    crossable body part and pray I win the bid on ebay for the setting kit.
    I guess I'm going to have to find some fabric that goes well enough. It's just for me though so I'm not too worried about it. Will look forward to seeing yours so I cam see what a "real" one should look like.
    Old 04-07-2011, 03:44 PM
    Power Poster

Can't blame you for being frustrated. I would try to find coordinates and finish it. After all , you have a lot invested in it already. I'm sorry this happened to you.
    Old 04-08-2011, 02:56 AM

Why not use the two blocks you need to identify the quilt and dedicate it to her. It, then, could be different than the rest of the quilt.