Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Need Encourgement! >
  • Need Encourgement!

• Need Encourgement!

Old 12-03-2010, 03:19 PM

You need to remember your sister and the shared dream that you had... this will spur you on. Then when you need that little extra push, you just sign on here and we will all tell you how great you are doing and ensure that you keep on going! I wish I could come and help you, but it would be a bit of a journey from Bucks in England - LOL LOL LOL.

Hugs and prayers

Caroline
    Old 12-03-2010, 03:19 PM

Please let us know where you are located, I would love to help if I am close enough.
    Old 12-03-2010, 03:27 PM

As others have said, you are living our dream. So please let us join you on your journey! We would love to see pictures of your progress. And I think there are a lot of people who would love to help you if they lived in your area. Keep us posted!
    Old 12-03-2010, 03:46 PM

Dont' give up, have faith in your wants! Go for you and your sisters dream. Make it come alive! Best wishes to you.
    Old 12-03-2010, 03:51 PM
    Power Poster

One of my favorite sayings: "How do you eat an elefant?" Answer: "One bite at a time"

Yes, you have a bumpy road ahead.
    Yes, you have a lot of hard work in your future.
    Yes, it is scary to take on such a new challenge.
    Yes, you have a wonderful dream.
    Yes, you can do it.

I agree with whoever said to find others in your area to partner with or help out. Your sister is so proud of you for drudging on, I bet!

So get out that knife and fork and take that first bite.
    Old 12-03-2010, 03:54 PM

If quilting is your dream and your passion, don't pass up the opportunity to open your own shop and don't let fear rob you of your dream. Your biggest challenge of getting the building has already come in your favor and now comes the elbow work. You will overcome the doubts as you come closer to the opening of your store. Ask friends and family if they could give a few hours of their time to help you with cleanup and painting. Get a reputable contractor for the repairs and before you know it you will be setting up store. Please post the address and hopefully the members here can stop by and shop. All I know is that if you do something you love then it won't feel like work. Your passion will keep you motivated and that will make you successful.

Good luck and I will pray for you.
    Old 12-03-2010, 03:55 PM

Well, I wish I could drive right to that store front & help you get the ball rolling! Tears are good - you need to get through them before you can move on. Keep your dream in your vision & take one day at a time. You CAN & WILL make it happen. Are there people in your community that might help? Reach out to board members whenever you need a boost or suggestion - it's a wonderful group to bounce ideas off. Keep us posted on your progress.
    Old 12-03-2010, 03:56 PM

You can do it.
    Old 12-03-2010, 05:02 PM

It's wonderful to have a dream but it's also really important that your business is successful. You'll need a really good business plan and perhaps a partner. Is there a Better Business Group in your town or a local community college offering business seminars? Do you have adequate financial backing and a helpful banker and reputable accountant on board to assist you? Don't try to rush your opening until all is ready. It's better to take a bit more time to plan and make sure things go right than to be involved with a business failure. Have you got any back up plans in case business is slower than expected or there is some disaster? I don't want to seem like the voice of doom but running your own business is not easy and sometimes even the best plans don't work that way you expected. Good luck with balancing all of this and I hope you open your wonderful dream shop!
    Old 12-03-2010, 05:34 PM

Take it one day at a time and never,never,never lose track of your dream. I promise you if you do just that, that everything will work out. Please keep us informed of you progress.