Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Need help finding bag patterns? >
  • Need help finding bag patterns?

• Need help finding bag patterns?

Old 08-28-2017, 03:41 PM

Default Need help finding bag patterns?

So these days most people that make bags have measurements for sewing a cute bag together. But if you know from me in the past I can't measure very well. I have looked up printable PDF patterns but couldn't really find anything such as a cut out. I need a paper pattern I can pin to the fabric and cut. I have looked at butterwick and simplicity patterns they really don't have much. I would like to make tote bags using 2 fabrics, makeup bags, drawstring. Hope you have any suggestions?
    Old 08-28-2017, 04:07 PM

This site has several different bag patterns that you can purchase. From the description it sounds like you print the pattern off on your computer but you might want to send her a question & see if it is an actual paper pattern or if she is just talking about instructions. Here's what she says: "NOTE: Print pattern at 100% size, do not resize, scale or shrink to fit."
    http://www.patternpile.com/sewing-pa...paper-pattern/
    Old 08-28-2017, 04:48 PM

Some of the Studio Kat patterns have actual pattern pieces for at least some of the pattern parts.
    An alternative is to draw your own pattern to the size given in the instructions and then check it against the measurements of your cutting board before pinning to the fabric.
    Old 08-29-2017, 03:36 AM

If I can get the paper pattern/pdf, great but if not, that is ok too. In both instances I print out the directions and text from the webpage as I usually want to refer back to the pictures; draft out my own pattern or retrace the pdf (use dressmakers carbon paper) on really cheap basic plain wall lining paper. Then I can have a whole pattern pieces (no taping, yea!). The paper can be written on, I can add notes, comments and reminders, seam allowances, grainlines etc and most of all erase lines when I mess it up! You can experiment with altering the pattern. I prefer to make my own patterns with good old fashioned paper and pencil where possible, while paper is cheap, computer printer ink isn't!