Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Need help finding a pattern for this fabric please. >
  • Need help finding a pattern for this fabric please.

• Need help finding a pattern for this fabric please.

Old 05-17-2015, 03:19 PM

I am developing a close relationship with an old pattern that I just discovered. It is easy to make and can be so many different things depending on fabric choice and positioning.
    I don't know the name of it, if it even has one. It is simply alternating a large block with a 4 patch block. I have just made a table runner doing it in scrappy, and am working on a purple quilt using 4 fabrics. However, it would also look great with your large print as the big squares and your other two in the 4 patch. The 4 patches when done in just 2 fabrics make a kind of Irish Chain effect. I did the table runner on point, but the quilt will be straight so the 4 patches will angle across the quilt. I did the runner at 10 1/2" squares and 5 1/2" squares; the quilt is 8 1/2" and 4 1/2".
    Photo of the table runner attached.
    Attached Thumbnails saving-good-parts.jpg  
    Old 05-17-2015, 06:11 PM

That would be pretty in a carpenters star pattern.
    Old 05-17-2015, 06:47 PM

your fabrics are beautiful , look like a fourth of July theme maybe some chickens and roosters, like a wall hanging quilt for kitchen or dinning room decor that would look very nice in your colors and more color fabrics for theme ,there did you buy them i love the printed one on right end
    Old 05-18-2015, 05:28 PM

I bought these pieces together about 3 years ago at a fabric sale at Springs Industries. I hope to start work on the quilt soon. Am trying to make all veterans in my church a QOV by Veteran's Day. (25) I am now quite half way there so I really have to get busy.
    Old 05-18-2015, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by wildyard
    I am developing a close relationship with an old pattern that I just discovered. It is easy to make and can be so many different things depending on fabric choice and positioning.
    I don't know the name of it, if it even has one. It is simply alternating a large block with a 4 patch block. I have just made a table runner doing it in scrappy, and am working on a purple quilt using 4 fabrics. However, it would also look great with your large print as the big squares and your other two in the 4 patch. The 4 patches when done in just 2 fabrics make a kind of Irish Chain effect. I did the table runner on point, but the quilt will be straight so the 4 patches will angle across the quilt. I did the runner at 10 1/2" squares and 5 1/2" squares; the quilt is 8 1/2" and 4 1/2".
    Photo of the table runner attached.
    Actually this is the pattern I was going to suggest, but I call it the "Quilts for Kids" pattern...it's basically alternate blocks of focus fabric and four-patch squares. You could use the star fabrics in the four patch and the print for the focus fabric. Good luck. There have been a lot of ideas that would work.
    Old 05-18-2015, 07:46 PM

Gloria how kind of you to make quilts for the veterans in your church with your colors i know they will be lovely quilts
    Old 05-18-2015, 07:53 PM

When I saw the fabric my mind immediately said Civil war block. This one takes 6 fabrics http://civilwarquilts.blogspot.ca/20...riendship.html