Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • need help making decisions re: online dealers & Juki >
  • need help making decisions re: online dealers & Juki

• need help making decisions re: online dealers & Juki

Old 07-27-2011, 07:08 AM

The Grace Company has a 50% off sale on the Start Right frame with the Juki machine. $1499.00
    Old 07-27-2011, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Zhillslady
    I quite using the dust when the local service guy said I was just blowing the dirt further into the motor. Not I found q-tips work great. They grab lint like crazy. I did not have to assemble anything on the Juki. Just add the bobbin and set up tension. Here's the frame set up I purchased.
    I, too, am looking to purchase this... but am curious. How much quilting space do you have to work with before you have to move the quilt?

Many thanks.
    Old 07-27-2011, 07:42 AM

I bought my Juki TL 98 Q from Sewing Machines Plus and am very happy with the machine and the service I received. I was given an extra bunch of bobbins[I think 20] and 100 Organ needles. Those needles work great but I have also used Schmidt needles which work fine. At the time I bought my machine Sewing Machines Plus had the best deal. It has the 9 " throat which I can use with or without a quilt frame. Good luck and lots of fun with your new Juki.
    Old 07-27-2011, 08:57 AM
    Banned

The grace one for $1499 doesn't include the extras from Kathys and comes out close to the same but free shipping. With Kathy's you get everything incluing cloth leaders, side clamps, speed control, etc. to get started. They were extra at the grace and shipping was not free. At least when I bought last month. Also in the frame box is a coupn for free speed control which comes included in Kathys offer so I have extra in case mine breaks or I can sell if I don't want it.

Originally Posted by Rose Marie
    The Grace Company has a 50% off sale on the Start Right frame with the Juki machine. $1499.00
    Old 07-27-2011, 08:59 AM
    Banned

So far I can do a 5" pantograph. I did one queen size quilt and it pushed it so if really long and have a lot rolled up I'd stick to 4" one. I prefer to free hand things so haven't really paid attention to how much yet but I will and let you know.

Also I did a baby quilt and wanted to quilt the vertical rows so I pinned it on sideways - worked great

Originally Posted by BluegrassGurl
    Originally Posted by Zhillslady
    I quite using the dust when the local service guy said I was just blowing the dirt further into the motor. Not I found q-tips work great. They grab lint like crazy. I did not have to assemble anything on the Juki. Just add the bobbin and set up tension. Here's the frame set up I purchased.
    I, too, am looking to purchase this... but am curious. How much quilting space do you have to work with before you have to move the quilt?

Many thanks.