Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • need help >
  • need help

• need help

Old 02-25-2011, 08:14 PM
    Banned

if it is for the challenge you can NOT post any pix of on the internet until AFTER the judging is over...and if it wins, you might want to read the disclaimer/clause that states it is their property until they decide not to use it anymore!
    Posting a pix on the internet is considered publishing and it will disqualify the entry!
    Old 02-25-2011, 08:24 PM

Thank you for the link. I am not at that stage of quilting but I will add it to the favorite list for when I am ready for it.
    Old 02-25-2011, 08:30 PM
    Banned

not enough info as to what fabric had to be used etc. What did the rules say about what fabric to use. As posted above, was there a kit. Some contests require a certain fabric used and then can add a certain amount beyond that.
    A good rule in entering quilts is to always put a sleeve on.
    Old 02-25-2011, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by MTS
    Originally Posted by cla8655
    I did the local fair last year, but no sleeve was required,
    Sometimes with the smaller quilts, quilt show organiers will just hang them with clips or pin it to a background that's hanging. Easier to put up (and take down).

And if it's Keepsake, I'm going to assume you had to buy a fabric pack that HAD to be used in the quilt. Is it the Log Cabin Medley?
    http://www.keepsakequilting.com/prod...GE-MEDLEY-.htm

So I'll stick to my comment above about sending a 5" swatch of the two fabrics you added (if, in fact, you did). As long as the directions you received don't state otherwise. And did they want swatches from the fabric pack you used as well?

Please post a picture when you're done. Good luck!
    yes that is the one, no they only said swatch and there is no size it was not easy but I did it, as soon I am allowed to post the pictures, I will post them. the reason am asking is because am new at that, like I said before, I did the fair contest, but this is different and the instructions are not too clear because of the lack of vocabulary knowledge of the quilting world, (which I found it to be fascinating) thank you again for your help, clara
    Old 02-25-2011, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by koko
    Originally Posted by cla8655
    believe me any help is appreciated, am entering the contest for the fun of been there, thank you so very much to you all, clara
    what contest is it?
    the keepsake log cabin
    Old 02-25-2011, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
    if it is for the challenge you can NOT post any pix of on the internet until AFTER the judging is over...and if it wins, you might want to read the disclaimer/clause that states it is their property until they decide not to use it anymore!
    Posting a pix on the internet is considered publishing and it will disqualify the entry!
    thanks for the information, am not in for the winning, because am new at this, am in for the fun of been there, I dont know if you understand what i want to say, it is the challenge of creating something, if I win great, but if not, hey I tried, but I am asking in order to do the correct thing, thank you for the information, clara