Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Need label suggestions for a Marine's quilt >
  • Need label suggestions for a Marine's quilt

• Need label suggestions for a Marine's quilt

Old 03-26-2011, 06:20 AM

Funny this topic should come up last night I kept dreaming the word Semper FI Just forgot what it means but I do think it is a Marine saying Ah had to look it up!

Semper Fidelis distinguishes the Marine Corps bond from any other. It goes beyond teamwork – it is a brotherhood and lasts for life.

Latin for "always faithful," Semper Fidelis became the Marine Corps motto in 1883. It guides Marines to remain faithful to the mission at hand, to each other, to the Corps and to country, no matter what.

Becoming a Marine is a transformation that cannot be undone, and Semper Fi reminds us of that. Once made, a Marine will forever live by the ethics and values of the Corps.

There is no such thing as an ex-Marine.
    Old 03-26-2011, 07:10 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Janetd
    I'm almost done with a quilt for my boyfriend's son who is a Marine just back from his second tour in Afganistan. I've never met him just talked on the phone. I could really use suggestions for wording the label. "Our Hero" just seems too corny. Maybe an appropriate bible verse? Any and all suggestions would be a great source of inspiration!
    Thank you all!
    Here is the one I made for my late FIL
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-175133.jpe  
    Old 07-24-2011, 07:53 AM

Hi again LadyT, I wrote to you earlier this week re: a MC emblem. I've been admiring your quilt made for your FIL. It is so beautiful. I wish I hadn't spent $20 on the emblem, the pillow print is almost exactly the same and much less expensive. I may buy it and use it instead of the emblem. Did you have a pattern for it? I love the stars and would love to buy the pattern that you used to make them. They look like 18 inch squares?? Thanks again.
    Jackie D.
    Old 07-24-2011, 08:00 AM
    Banned

The quilt design is my own .....
    I have a "draft" of it in Word format......

If you are able to view that I can send it to you.

Originally Posted by darlings7
    Hi again LadyT, I wrote to you earlier this week re: a MC emblem. I've been admiring your quilt made for your FIL. It is so beautiful. I wish I hadn't spent $20 on the emblem, the pillow print is almost exactly the same and much less expensive. I may buy it and use it instead of the emblem. Did you have a pattern for it? I love the stars and would love to buy the pattern that you used to make them. They look like 18 inch squares?? Thanks again.
    Jackie D.