Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Need opinions about Etsy's usefulness >
  • Need opinions about Etsy's usefulness

• Need opinions about Etsy's usefulness

Old 05-25-2011, 12:35 AM

I have bought fabric from Etsy quite a few times lately. I love it. I can find any type of fabric by search words. Etsy also asks me if I'd like to see the prices in Euros, and does the conversion for all items during that session, for any seller. Also prices for shipping are very good. I live in Finland and the postage from the US is usually about the same as if I'd ordered domestically! I by small amounts, about a yard at a time. So far I've received my orders in about a week which is only a couple of days more than most shops take here. I am very pleased with Etsy store.
    Old 05-25-2011, 01:42 AM

I sell Middle Eastern embroidery patterns on Etsy that I design myself and am very happy with my little shop. It's a very part-time thing and is just a nice way for me to show something of one of my great interests. The upkeep and closing costs are tiny.

I had also sold them on Ebay, but Ebay stopped allowing the selling of downloadable items, like my patterns. Don't know why, though.

I buy lots of quilting fabric on Ebay, and have met some very nice sellers and kit designers that way.
    Old 05-29-2011, 08:22 PM

I have posted there and buy from there. It is like any other site, you just have to watch where it is coming from, cost, shipping pricing. I would not hesitate to order, if all looks well.

Selling is not so easy. I have sold one item after listing for about 3 months now. I do way better on e-bay.