Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Need suggestions on how to make one of these... >
  • Need suggestions on how to make one of these...

• Need suggestions on how to make one of these...

Old 06-26-2014, 04:18 AM
    Power Poster

I also use a carpet sample under my Bernina. Works great for me!
    Old 06-26-2014, 04:32 AM

Are you using a plastic folding table for your machine? I use the older type of folding table and don't have that problem. I've also read that the plastic ones should not be used for the sewing machine because of the unsteadiness of the table causing vibration with the machine.
    Old 06-27-2014, 03:17 AM

MY yoga mat is now cut to size ,and under my machines. At least it is being used ,LOL....hugs
    Old 06-27-2014, 03:47 AM

I have an treadle base with an 3" wood top. The wood came from an tractor trailer floorboard, uses a waffle foam mat under machine, won't move, shake at all. Just saying......
    Old 06-27-2014, 04:33 AM

Years ago I bought a rubber typewriter pad to use with my sewing machine. Since they use to "cushion" typewriters to reduce the sound and movement it also worked great for my sewing machine. I'm still using it. Try office supply stores, or Ebay for one.
    Old 06-27-2014, 04:54 AM

"Reduces need for servicing".....Sounds like a used car salesman to me! Make a quilted one with a shelf liner back and save a lot of money.
    Old 06-27-2014, 06:34 AM

My sister made me a quilted machine pad with pockets across the front. I stitched a piece of the waffle-type shelf liner to the back and it works great. Also, I use a tilt board when I sew, and I stapled the shelf liner all the way around it, so the machine doesn't shift on the board, the board doesn't move on the pad, and the pad doesn't move on the table. Overkill, maybe, but it works.
    Old 06-27-2014, 06:50 AM

For one project I needed to lift my sewing machine about 2". I wandered and wandered around Walmart trying to find something cheap that would do the job and found, ta ta ta, a 10.5 x 14.5 x 2 baking pan. Got it home, put the machine on it and - success. But the sewing machine/pan combo threatened to wander around my sewing desk. Plastic, waffle shelf liner to the rescue. Then I added bath a towel between the pan and desk top hoping to quash machine vibration noises. Not perfect silence but much improved. Yeah, it looks jerry-rigged but it does the job and wasn't expensive.

Jerry-rigged or able to buy a new piece of fabric. Jerry-rigged or able to buy a new piece of fabric. What a hard decision.

I pay close attention to the ideas on this board. They are wonderful! For what it's worth, I hope my silliness helps.

Pat
    Old 06-27-2014, 07:34 AM

I just bought one of the for the machine and the foot pedal. I haven't tried it yet but it doesn't seem to move like other things I've tried. If it works, it's worth every penny. I think the set was $39.95 from Martelli.
    Old 06-27-2014, 08:06 AM
    Power Poster

I went to the dollar shop and bought a package of 2 wedge shaped rubber door stops. I put them behind my machine. They raise the machine at an angle so I can see sewing easier and the rubber makes the machine not vibrate or scoot.Cost $1. Good luck Mary