Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • new [to me]pfaff >
  • new [to me]pfaff

• new [to me]pfaff

Old 01-29-2011, 10:04 AM

Don't be afraid of it. Use it. Pfaff is a great machine and you really can't hurt them by pushing a button or doing something with them. They are designed to be a work horse and that they are. I was intimidated my my Pfaff 2144 when I first got it too but I told myself that I had paid for this machine and I was going to learn to use it. My dealer has been great at answering questions and showing me things on it. I just love the machine and I am no longer intimidated. You will be fine. Just use it.
    Old 01-29-2011, 07:41 PM

If you purchased it from a dealer I hope they offered you lessons. At my dealer you can take your lessons as many times as you want. I took lessons for my 2144 twice and for my Creative Vision twice. They are always helpful with everything.
    Old 01-30-2011, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by gmaybee
    If you purchased it from a dealer I hope they offered you lessons. At my dealer you can take your lessons as many times as you want. I took lessons for my 2144 twice and for my Creative Vision twice. They are always helpful with everything.
    unfortunately i got it from e-bay[because of the price]so no lessons & nowarrenty,maybe a mistake.looked up the nearest dealer,over 40 miles away,so that's out of the question[i rarely drive now.i was thinking of calling my viking dealer to see if he offers lessons,they're only 15 miles from here.i'm sure i'd have to pay for them,but if i don't learn,i'll have wasted a lot of money.do you think that would work?
    i hink one of the biggest problems is the size of the buttons!i have new glasses & still can't read them.maybe one of those magnifying glasses that hang around your neck,at least untili've memorized most of them.took me 20 min.to figure out how to raise/lower the presser foot[it's a button on the front of the machine!]
    so sorry thuis has dragged on,thanx for reading & your help.promise tokeep at it
    luv ,dar
    Old 01-30-2011, 05:30 AM

I got the QE 4.0 for Christmas, and love it!! It is my first Pfaff after 3 Vikings (and a treadle Singer which still works). The book can be a bit confusing, but keep at it; you'll be glad you did. One thing that did help me a lot was making a stitch "sampler" of all the stitches, in various sizes. I am still learning about the programming, combining stitches, etc. and am no expert, but I'd be happy to share what I do know. Feel free to PM me.
    Old 01-30-2011, 06:55 AM

Don't get discouraged, you will learn with using it. Get going, you won't hurt it. And yes, to the making a notebook with all your stitches. I did this with my Pfaff 2144 and always refered to it when using the decorative stitches. The ones one the lid are hard for me to see too.
    Old 01-30-2011, 08:39 AM

tank you,good ideas.i will just be sick if i don't learn to use this machine of my dreams!to make it worse ,ibought a brother innovis in sept.,THEN won the auction on the pfaff!so i really need to justifythe purchase of the pfaff!i really think i'll LOVE it,if i ever learn to use it![maybe i'm not givingit a true chance,only had it 3 days!
    i am not a practicer,so think i'll make the simplest patterni have for my new ggbgirl.i'm sure she won't care about all the goofs!
    dar