Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • New LQS >
  • New LQS

• New LQS

Old 09-02-2022, 07:57 AM
    Power Poster

One shop owner told me my fabric choices were too clashy and would not look good in a quilt. I told her okay you choose a better selection and give it to me free or let me buy my selection. She shut up.
    Old 09-02-2022, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone
    One shop owner told me my fabric choices were too clashy and would not look good in a quilt. I told her okay you choose a better selection and give it to me free or let me buy my selection. She shut up.
    I literately laughed out loud. Love it.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
    Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
    Old 09-02-2022, 08:13 AM

My LQS is only 7 miles away from me and they are wonderful. Employees are always helpful and greet me by name. They offer a wide range of classes and have retreats and open sews and specials for us all the time. When store was closed during COVID they offered online QALs. The owners father and son even delivered online purchases free even when I had paid for mailing (which they refunded). If you are ever in the Seattle area I suggest you visit Quilting Mayhem in Snohomish about 25 miles north of Seattle. I know shameful plug but I love these ladies and this store.
    Old 09-03-2022, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by juliasb
    How far do you drive to be able to go to a LQS.
    I go as far as my computer keyboard. I find better prices, better sales and so far have had no issues with any of the fabric I've order from different sites. Saves a lot of time to be able to grab a cup of tea and just browse through the sites. I can put items in my cart to compare as I surf the site instead of wondering back and forth down the aisles in the LQS (s) hoping that I saw everything and compared what I did like, before I decided or didn't decide because I was too tired to think straight anymore.

It is fun to get out and touch, but with covid and now being used to doing it via the computer. I find it more relaxing and I make better choices to do it from the keyboard.

Last edited by quiltsfor; 09-03-2022 at 04:38 PM.
    Old 09-04-2022, 01:36 PM

Where was the new store? Maybe I need to go see it. Love sister time.
    G
    Old 09-07-2022, 02:49 PM

Even though I live in the 'burbs of a large metropolitan area, until recently there were no quilt stores closer to me than 20+ miles. I drive a little over 20 miles twice a month to go to a quilting bee at one. There is a new store that is only about 10 miles from my house. Even though I don't have a lot of money to spend right now, I'm trying to buy the things I do need from her to support her business. She had a long arm business before she opened the store and so has 3 long arms and also just bought a laser cutting machine. I'm so happy she's doing so well. She's a wonderful lady.
    Old 09-08-2022, 03:24 AM

Since moving to Iowa in 2011, I very seldom get out and drive to LQS. The closest is over 20 miles from here, and I hate driving on intersate 80 to get there. When I lived in Missouri, I knew my way around and could drive forever without a problem or getting lost. Have been down-sizing lately, but I do sometimes order fabric on-line.
    Old 09-08-2022, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by lindaschipper
    The closest is over 20 miles from here, and I hate driving on intersate 80 to get there. When I lived in Missouri, I knew my way around and could drive forever without a problem or getting lost.
    One of my favorite new things to do lately is to take back roads everywhere. My husband and I have seen some amazing, gorgeous scenery this summer, and haven't had to deal with traffic at all. It's been so much fun!

What you can do is set the navigation system in your car, or whatever map app you use on your phone, to NOT use any freeways.
    Old 09-08-2022, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench
    I literately laughed out loud. Love it.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
    Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
    I did, too Janey!