Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • New Pfaff Powerquilter 16 Issues >
  • New Pfaff Powerquilter 16 Issues

• New Pfaff Powerquilter 16 Issues

Old 08-20-2014, 01:35 PM

Man, I'd break records returning this! But first I'd give whoever sold it to me a piece of my mind via phone.

It's unconscionable to send out a machine with this kind of damage, no matter what the price. But especially at that price. I don't think this happened in shipping; I think it's defective. Whatever happened to expectations of quality?
    Old 08-21-2014, 07:24 AM

Hi, have u heard back on what they are going to do? X
    Old 08-21-2014, 01:37 PM

Okay Guys,

Well, I contacted Pfaff as that is who I bought the machine from at the Festival of Quilts... I spoke to a chap at their UK head office and he asked that I send him pictures... that was 9.30 Tuesday Morning and he promised to get back to me asap. Wednesday evening....... and DH said that they had enough time to look at the pictures, so he called them and asked what they were going to do because we needed to decide what our next steps would be.... i.e. contacting our credit card company etc. The chap at Pfaff said that he was waiting for some information from Germany and he would get back to us. Anyway, by this afternoon DH had enough and called him again and he informed DH that a new machine was being shipped from Germany and would be here next week and that they would call when it arrived to organise an exchange. All in all everything should be completed with 2 weeks.

So, I shall wait to see if the new machine arrives... and I will let you all know when it has happened. I will say that the chap at Pfaff has been very nice and he told DH to tell me to play with the one I have as much as I want and not to worry about it!

Can I just say how great it has been to have you all so speak to and to have the support that you have shown.... I was very upset by the condition of the machine, but I did wonder if I was over reacting... glad to know that you all think I was not!

I will keep you all informed.

Hugs

Caroline
    Old 08-22-2014, 04:17 AM

Thanks for getting back to us with updated information. It's good to hear you have a brand new machine on the way. I hope you show up pictures of the new, beautiful, undamaged machine. YAY!
    Old 08-22-2014, 09:31 AM

Hi All,

I will certainly post pictures as soon as she arrives.

hugs

Caroline
    Old 12-13-2016, 02:29 AM

I am having problems getting sd card to read on Quilt Artist. What has happened?
    Old 12-13-2016, 05:39 AM

If that is a new machine, I would definitely call the dealer and tell them about the paint chipped out. You paid hard earned money and they need to replace it. I am wondering if it was dropped during the shipping time. That is very sad that you probably were looking forward to a shiny new machine and didn't get that. Good luck and I don't feel this is fair to you. Please keep us posted on your dilemma.
    Old 12-15-2016, 12:20 PM

You were not over reacting. I would have been very upset. It sounds like you could end up having the problem corrected. I sure hope so. A two week wait will be hard. Hang in there....and, I think that I would go ahead and sew on the machine while you wait.

Dina
    Old 12-15-2016, 12:48 PM

Since incident occurred in 2014, and no follow thru from original poster, other than waiting for replacement, guessing it ended happily. Wonder how the original chips happened...mystery.