Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • New Piecing project >
  • New Piecing project

• New Piecing project

Old 12-03-2013, 04:05 PM

Default New Piecing project

I found a tissue pattern at a rummage sale last year. Now I'm ready for a new project and opened up the pattern pieces. Yikes! I've done small projects using piecing but this is much more complicated. Its a Snail Trail pattern and parts of it I think I'll have to adapt to my skill level. Looks fun and challenging. Should keep me busy for a very long time. Anyone else use the piecing method for a snails trail? Any advise other than take my time - and cut the 1/4 seam and press?
    Old 12-07-2013, 03:27 PM
    Power Poster

What do the blocks measure? Just because they are small doesn't make it hard to do.

The snail Trail pattern is really just following one piece after another around the square. Are the piecing areas numbered so you can follow each placement?

I would love to see a picture of the foundations. I like to do this type of work.

Just have fun with it and If you don't like it after trying it is no loss except for a few bits of material and some time.

Here is a pic of what I am working on right now. These are paper pieced and the square in a square 2.5" block are what I am using . There are also very small snail trail, flying geese and pineapple foundations in this stack.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]450478[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]450479[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]450480[/ATTACH]

Have fun experimenting! TIP: use a fine thread like ariufil.
    peace
    Attached Thumbnails dsc04916.jpg   dsc04919.jpg   dsc04920.jpg  
    Old 12-07-2013, 05:17 PM
    Power Poster

I would be interest too in the pattern. I have a snail trail on my bucket list for charity. Thought I would do it in pink and purple. Just started paper piecing again and I forgot how simple it is. I always overcut my pieces so I don't run short. Small stitching is always a pain to try to take out if you make a mistake !!
    Old 12-11-2013, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by ube quilting
    What do the blocks measure? Just because they are small doesn't make it hard to do.

The snail Trail pattern is really just following one piece after another around the square. Are the piecing areas numbered so you can follow each placement?

I would love to see a picture of the foundations. I like to do this type of work.

Just have fun with it and If you don't like it after trying it is no loss except for a few bits of material and some time.

Here is a pic of what I am working on right now. These are paper pieced and the square in a square 2.5" block are what I am using . There are also very small snail trail, flying geese and pineapple foundations in this stack.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]450478[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]450479[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]450480[/ATTACH]

Have fun experimenting! TIP: use a fine thread like ariufil.
    peace
    This plaids with this design is gorgeous. Thanks for the inspiration.