• Main
  • new rulers >
  • new rulers

• new rulers

Old 04-19-2011, 12:42 PM
    Power Poster

Thanks for the info.
    Old 04-19-2011, 12:46 PM

here is the thread with the info you need to email mark.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-95852-1.htm

scroll down a bit..
    Old 04-19-2011, 02:16 PM

I bought 2 of those rulers, & i have the same problem.
    Old 04-19-2011, 03:44 PM

I bought a set of them from Nancy's Notions catalog because I, too, thought they would sharpen my blades. But the 6 1/2 x 18 1/2 seemed to dull the blades, not sharpen them. However, I do like other features of the rulers: the non slip under surface, the easy to read measurement markings, & I also like the color of the rulers, even though they are frosted. I think maybe being able to see through them depends a lot on the color of your mat underneath. I have green mats & a purple mat. Actually, I'm going to keep mine & use the opposite edge instead of the one that's supposed to sharpen your blade.
    If the manufacturer would forget that feature, I think this line of rulers would be a winner.
    JMHO
    Old 04-19-2011, 04:18 PM

Now I don't know whether to order one or not? I thought it would be a great idea if you could sharpen while cutting.
    Old 04-19-2011, 04:28 PM

I ordered one and do not like it. Took some getting use to with the markings in different colors, one with the 1/2 included and the other without. Maybe that is why my blade is not sharp.
    Old 04-19-2011, 04:38 PM

Wow, I ordered the 4 x 8 1/2 inch ruler and the rotary cutter also and recieved them a few days ago. I had not tried them until yesterday. I tried the rotary cutter and it wouldn't cut a thing. I was trying to cut 3 layers of regular quilt cotton and it wouldn't even go through the first layer. I tried turning the blade thinking it might have a problem elsewhere but never could get it to cut. I finally e-mailed Keepsake Quilting and told them and they said they would send me more blades free of charge. I still haven't even taken the plastic off of the ruler, now I'm afraid to. I'm sure if that many people are having trouble seeing through it that it won't be sufficient. Shipping charges are so high, you might as well keep it. I hate returning something to just loose it in postage. I guess you can't win them all.

sassy granny
    Old 04-19-2011, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by mloquilts
    I bought a set of them from Nancy's Notions catalog because I, too, thought they would sharpen my blades. But the 6 1/2 x 18 1/2 seemed to dull the blades, not sharpen them. However, I do like other features of the rulers: the non slip under surface, the easy to read measurement markings, & I also like the color of the rulers, even though they are frosted. I think maybe being able to see through them depends a lot on the color of your mat underneath. I have green mats & a purple mat. Actually, I'm going to keep mine & use the opposite edge instead of the one that's supposed to sharpen your blade.
    If the manufacturer would forget that feature, I think this line of rulers would be a winner.
    JMHO
    Oh that may be think my mat right now is blue. However I am always happy with Quilter's Rule rulers which also are not slip. Have used for years.
    Old 04-19-2011, 06:12 PM

I also bought one and was not happy with the frosty shade of the ruler. However, I returned it because the ruler with the sharpening side was defective. The side to use was slanted and wavey. Ruined by new blade. The LGS allowed me to return and I got some much loved fabric.

I hope they can get the manufactoring changes made.
    Old 04-19-2011, 07:28 PM

I love mine - wish they were all that way. Haven't had any problem with visibility at all.