Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • New sewing room >
  • New sewing room

• New sewing room

Old 01-01-2011, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by natalieg
    As soon as one of the two bedrooms was empty, I was in there, that night cleaning carpet and doing touchup painting. I was in there by nine the next morning-poor kid didn't think I loved him!!!
    Too funny!
    Old 01-01-2011, 10:34 AM
    Power Poster

It would be really hard to give up that lovely room after waiting for it. But if it really bothers you I would move downstairs.
    Old 01-01-2011, 10:42 AM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

My sewing area is in our livingroom behind the couch. It's the only place I have for sewing. I would love a room to myself just so I could have quiet me time. I envy those who have rooms to themselves.
    Old 01-01-2011, 11:06 AM
    tmw

Originally Posted by dakotamaid
    As many of you know we moved from Iowa to Nebraska this past year. (Still moving stuff from shop!!LOL) In doing so I finally got a beautiful sewing room with lots of space. ( Or so I thought before everything started going in there!!) It is on the main level and Hubby is now in the basement in his Nebraska cave. The trouble is I think both of us are lonely. Our old rooms used to be across the hall from each other and we could actually talk to each other. (With the tv and cd player muted.) Now we have to go find one anther!! I'm wondering if I'm going to end up in the basement with him!! LOL. think about getting a in-house intercom, we have one, we got ours at Radio shack, only thing is they have to be plugged in the same circurit, they come in a set of three. it sure meets alot of walking to find each other, and yelling.

Have a good 2011 everyone.
    Old 01-01-2011, 11:07 AM
    tmw

i did it again, my reply got into your message, i'm sorry, what do i do wrong?
    Old 01-01-2011, 11:08 AM
    Jim

We have a quilting room that also houses our computer. But its location in the house is so that I can see and talk to my wife if she is in the living room watching tv (also have a tv in quilting room)if I am on the computer..If I am on a really big project I take everything into the living room and SPREAD out. We have been together 24/7 for 16 yrs and only have spent 2 nights away from each other in almost 37 years. So it works for us
    Old 01-01-2011, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    My sewing area is in our livingroom behind the couch. It's the only place I have for sewing. I would love a room to myself just so I could have quiet me time. I envy those who have rooms to themselves.
    It is a mixed blessing. You are not with your family but the mess can have a door closed on it.

When my children were little I sewed out in the living or family room. Everything was stored under my bed and I just had out what I needed at the time/project.
    Old 01-01-2011, 11:09 AM

My DH does his hobby (woodworking) in a room in the basement and my sewing room is one of our extra bedroom in our quad-level house. Most evenings he uses the computer in the room next to my sewing room. If we have a question or comment it's pretty easy. The problem I have is if he's using the computer it's to look at or purchase woodworking things and he's always calling me in to look at something. Since using this board so much lately I've been calling him to look at all the beautiful quilts and talk about them, hoping he'll find out what it's like to be interrupted every other minute. He's getting the message.
    Old 01-01-2011, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by tmw
    i did it again, my reply got into your message, i'm sorry, what do i do wrong?
    When you click on quote reply make sure your cursor isn't in the middle of the quote. I do this all the time and end up editing. :-D
    Old 01-01-2011, 11:16 AM

My dh hates the sound of my sewing machine so he loves it when I am downstairs sewing away from him.