Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • New Simplicity Deluxe Rotary Cutter/Embosser >
  • New Simplicity Deluxe Rotary Cutter/Embosser

• New Simplicity Deluxe Rotary Cutter/Embosser

Old 10-16-2010, 04:21 PM

Okay, I received the new deluxe rotary cutter and embosser. Well, nothing has changed as to how it cuts fabric. They just put a new pretty bigger cover over the cutter. I didn't try the embosser, I was mainly interested in cutting strips. They did nothing to change the problems with the first one. The material is still hard to keep it straight going through the cutter. My thoughts are: #1, you still have to get out your mat and manual rotary cutter, to even up the fabric before you send it through the machine. #2, why not just slap on top the slotted strip cutter and zip thru your strips. Plus you can use layers of fabric with the slotted cutter and cut out lots of strips much quicker than cutting one crooked strip with the machine. So, the deluxe rotary cutter went back to Joann's with my comments of what was wrong with the machine and the above thoughts. They refunded my money with no problem. Still love the tape maker. Recently tried the binding maker tip and loved the binding, came out evenly, quickly, and no burned fingers. Sorry to have give a negative report back to everyone on the new Deluxe Rotary Cutter but I have to be honest. Will use my money to buy more material! Sally
    Old 10-16-2010, 04:29 PM
    Power Poster

The strip cutter if worth every penny if you make rag rugs or crochet/knit fabric strips. I don't know why it is considered for quilting.
    Old 10-16-2010, 06:22 PM

BellaBoo, yes I can see the strip cutter working for rag rugs or crochet/knit fabric strips. They don't have to be even the whole strip. Also, most likely these people wouldn't have the quilting supplies, mat, rotary cutter, slotted guide. But they push it for quilters, so they need to start targeting a different audience.