• New Year Mystery Quilt

• New Year Mystery Quilt

Old 01-21-2012, 07:58 AM
    Power Poster

Oh dluvs that is so pretty- you should also post the pics on this link
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...t-t174799.html
    Old 01-22-2012, 09:53 AM
    Fabriclovr

Don't forget ladies.. There is a new thread for the McCalls Mystery Quilt, it is
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...t-t174799.html

And there is a new thread for a Superbowl Sunday Quilt Mystery at
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...t-t175584.html

Hope to see you all on these two threads as well

Old 01-28-2012, 12:42 PM

Default New Years Mystery Quilt for 2012

I finally have my New Years Mystery Quilt top finished. I don't know how so many of you could manage to get that done in one day. I must be streaming like Molasses. I thought it was the ugliest thing that I had ever made; but, persevered through to the end and keep looking at it and now it has grown on me (some) and I'm beginning to like it. Be honest and tell me what you think........besides it being bright and full of color. LOL Jinnie
    Attached Thumbnails new-years-day-2012-mystery-quilt.jpg  
    Old 01-28-2012, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Sewze
    I finally have my New Years Mystery Quilt top finished. I don't know how so many of you could manage to get that done in one day. I must be streaming like Molasses. I thought it was the ugliest thing that I had ever made; but, persevered through to the end and keep looking at it and now it has grown on me (some) and I'm beginning to like it. Be honest and tell me what you think........besides it being bright and full of color. LOL Jinnie
    okay it is bright and full of color (i love both of those descriptions) and i think you did a great job on it. plus you stuck with it and finished the project. now sandwich it, quilt & bind it, put a label on it and keep it for a gift or use it yourself. i am giving the one i made away for a gift so will only enjoy it in pics only. i decided to back it with some chocolate print challis fabric i have. it will be a chocolate delight.
    Old 01-28-2012, 01:32 PM
    Power Poster

I like it You are correct it is bright and colorful , which is what I like about it
    Old 01-28-2012, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
    I like it You are correct it is bright and colorful , which is what I like about it
    Dittos. Love the brights much better than the recommended fabrics. Yours turned out well and I am sure once it is quilted you will like it even more.
    Old 01-28-2012, 03:12 PM

sharon b and Caroline S..Thank you for liking my bright/bold MysteryQuilt. I felt that it was a little tedius with all those 9 patches, but I got through it. I'm glad that I had the experience. I do like bright colors.LOL Jinnie
    Old 01-28-2012, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty
    okay it is bright and full of color (i love both of those descriptions) and i think you did a great job on it. plus you stuck with it and finished the project. now sandwich it, quilt & bind it, put a label on it and keep it for a gift or use it yourself. i am giving the one i made away for a gift so will only enjoy it in pics only. i decided to back it with some chocolate print challis fabric i have. it will be a chocolate delight.
    Havplenty- I sent you a reply from my iPhone, but I guess you didn't get it. Sorry about that...it might pop up at some point in time. Technology! Thanks for your encouraging comments. I do intend to quilt and label it ( but it has to wait for the other tops to get quilted first) and I have no business starting another project, but I'm going to. Do you do that sometimes, too? Jinnie

Last edited by Sewze; 01-28-2012 at 03:34 PM.
    Old 01-28-2012, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Sewze
    Havplenty- I sent you a reply from my iPhone, but I guess you didn't get it. Sorry about that...it might pop up at some point in time. Technology! Thanks for your encouraging comments. I do intend to quilt and label it ( but it has to wait for the other tops to get quilted first) and I have no business starting another project, but I'm going to. Do you do that sometimes, too? Jinnie
    nope didnt get your iphone message. do i do that? well i got one quilt wip on my design wall, one christmas strip twist wip in a basket, two quilts pin basted and i am working on the mccalls three part mystery quilt. i got a number of ufo's and a quilt cut that i will call my super bowl sunday quilt. i have two postage stamp quilts started and a rail fence waiting on me to put the blocks together. nah i dont do that, start one project before i finish another.

this year i decided i was gonna journal my quilt journeys and my goal is to finish a quilt each month. right.....
    Old 01-28-2012, 09:11 PM
    Power Poster

Hav you still have a couple days left in January to finish a quilt this month LOL

Me I have 4 basted - of those 3 are partially quilted , I have 3 ( I think) cut , starting the Super Bowl mystery quilt here , trying to finish Boomerang blocks- can't tell you how many block swaps I have been in that I need to put together into tops - gesh I don't think I will live long enough to finish what I already have here, much less all the ones floating around in my head LOL