Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • New Year's Resolution 2011 >
  • New Year's Resolution 2011

• New Year's Resolution 2011

Old 12-13-2010, 09:13 AM

I hereby resolve to buy no more fabric for quilting until my stash is down to two plastic tubs. :roll: :thumbup:

The above is my resolution for 2011! I plan to stick to it. [NOTE: I have over 16 plastic tubs of material and don't seem to be able to put a dent in it.]

But recession or no, I am going to the fabric store only for supplies (I am down to my last bottle of spray adhesive!) not material.

Anyone else willing to take the pledge!???

BTW -- yesterday I was crazy enough to ask my husband (outloud, mind you) :? if we could go to Fabric Depot so that I could fondle some material. The look I got from him was startling! What was I thinking! LOL
    Old 12-13-2010, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by LastGrandma
    I hereby resolve to buy no more fabric for quilting until my stash is down to two plastic tubs. :roll: :thumbup:

The above is my resolution for 2011! I plan to stick to it. [NOTE: I have over 16 plastic tubs of material and don't seem to be able to put a dent in it.]

But recession or no, I am going to the fabric store only for supplies (I am down to my last bottle of spray adhesive!) not material.

BTW -- yesterday I was crazy enough to ask my husband (outloud, mind you) :? if we could go to Fabric Depot so that I could fondle some material. The look I got from him was startling! What was I thinking! LOL
    Are you crazy Never!! 8-)
    Old 12-13-2010, 09:18 AM

LOL! You already have your own Fabric Depot right there in your house! :D

I would take the pledge with you, but it would be broken before it was spoken - I just pre-ordered Eleanor Burns' newest line a few days ago and it will be shipped some time in January. :oops:

The saddest thing about this stash is that I don't even like piecing tops very much! I keep buying tops on eBay so that I can get to the quilting! :(
    Old 12-13-2010, 09:23 AM

thepolyparrot, you're the opposite of me. I love piecing the tops but don't care for the quilting part! I know there's no point in my making this pledge. I would never stick to it. I do resolve to try and only buy fabric when there's good sales! (unless I really need something right then....)
    Old 12-13-2010, 09:27 AM

I cannot make that pledge - I'm a newbie and definitely do not have enough stash to last me all year! lol
    Old 12-13-2010, 09:29 AM
    Power Poster

LastGrandma, I'm shocked that you have so many full bins! Reason?? You always seem to be posting pics of more and more quilts~! I always envy your productivity lol
    Happy Holidays, my dear!!
    I'll let you know my decision later- while it's tempting I don't know if I can do it LOL :D
    Old 12-13-2010, 09:32 AM

search "fabric moratorium" because some folks are doing this!

(including me)

The link in my siggie is my blog about it. So, if you're in need of motivation or a laugh, feel free to start following!
    Old 12-13-2010, 09:38 AM

Oh my gosh! your last comment cracked me up! Im sorry, but I cant make that commitment, not for a few more years anyway. :)
    Old 12-13-2010, 09:54 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by icon17
    Originally Posted by LastGrandma

Are you crazy Never!! 8-)
    WOW! I wish I had that much fabric. My resolution to work on finishing UFO's.
    Old 12-13-2010, 01:18 PM

I really want to join in but the minute i do, i will get that "feeling" again that i need to shop. So far i am doing okay. Was online looking at thread and ALMOST hit the button! At the last second, i logged off........I was SO proud of myself!!