Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • New Year's Weekend Virtual Quilting >
  • New Year's Weekend Virtual Quilting

• New Year's Weekend Virtual Quilting

Old 12-31-2017, 02:22 PM

Yesterday, I sorted 2 boxes of inspiration. Found some recipes I'd like to try.
    Those Rolo caramels sound fantastic.
    Old 12-31-2017, 03:07 PM

A couple photos of my progress this weekend. Finished a few of clue 8 for Bonnie's mystery.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]586311[/ATTACH]
    And got my ruler bag (version 2) to the binding stage.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]586312[/ATTACH]
    I'm not done yet! More Bonnie Hunter to blocks to make, and I'll settle in with the binding on the bag in time for the ball drop tonight.
    Attached Thumbnails pc311247.jpg   pc311249.jpg  
    Old 12-31-2017, 03:40 PM

I forgot about this weekend. On Friday I hit my quilt shop for their year end sale. I cut a lot of my Christmas fabric into squares. I pressed some more fabric but didn't cut it. Going out in a while to a friend's house for New Year's Eve but no place to go tomorrow so I think I will start some sewing.

Nice finished projects from everyone.
    Old 12-31-2017, 04:04 PM

Feline Fanatic, getting kudos from you is like "wow" as you are my LA hero!

I'm learning more about Not selecting a loud backing if I plan on doing more interesting quilting. And I am looking forward to doing some interesting quilting on the Flower Basket quilt.

The Applique quilt is Affairs of the Heart. I did two machine applique sets of 36, and have twelve hand applique blocks I've not figured out what to do with yet. I know for sure I don't want to do any more hand applique, but want to do something extra special to go with them. I may opt for solid blocks and just do quilting in them, I'm starting to get more confidence I can do a decent job on something like that. Maybe after I get the next group of 15 tops quilted.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-31-2017 at 04:45 PM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps
    Old 12-31-2017, 04:09 PM

Theresa, your drapes are beautiful!

sewbizgirl, hope the ice storm wasn't too terrible and that you didn't lose power.

I'm so happy--I finished all of the Kids Komforts quilts. They're all bound and quilted and ready for the February meeting. The last church quilt is sandwiched and ready to be finished tomorrow morning. Then I will prep blocks for the 2017 BOMs that I'm a little behind on.

I'm headed upstairs now to do my bible study lesson for Tuesday's class. That way I don't have to remember it tomorrow!

Happy New Year!
    Old 12-31-2017, 05:28 PM

Wow, some of you ladies are really making good of this cold weather and I am loving the pictures that you are sharing. I know that I would produce a shot or two but, I really didn't get that much completed. Not feeling that productive. I'll work on my queen size quilt again in the morning before I go and pick my adult grandson. I made a date with him to go to the movies. Actually I'm his custodial care giver. That's not a quilting story so I won't get into it now.

Feline Fanatic, I am loving that HST pattern, do you mind or can you share the link for the pattern, please. I am in need a pattern to complete a quilt for my Grand son-in-law's graduations present for the spring.

Everyone keep up the beautiful work and I'll read you tomorrow.

Cherry

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-01-2018 at 03:31 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps
    Old 12-31-2017, 05:29 PM

Two more bound. I had one done right after lunch, but wanted to wait to show them together, since they have the same center panel.

Here is one with the panel as bought. I "fractured" the orange flower fabric on the border.

And this one the panel is "fractured" it's actually four panels cut and sewn back together. Probably was not the best choice for this method, but I got a deal on the panels so figured - why not?

This is the back of the second one. Notice the different fabric at the bottom? I miss -figured when I pieced the back and ended up short on the LA. At least I remembered a video I watched that showed how to add on without taking it off the frame, and that worked very well.

I've got four more to bind (two are quite small). I'll leave them for tomorrow.
    Old 12-31-2017, 07:15 PM

Today I worked on pining several steps on the BHMQ. Trying to get together enough pieces to complete 4 blocks. I have at least 4-6 hours of sewing before i’m Caught up with steps 1-6. I’m trying to combine some of the steps. I have not had time to complete any of my other projects. I’m hoping she reveals tomorrow so I can enjoy the process.

My other project tomorrow is too print out merry mayhem’s NYD mystery clue and find fabric to make the project.

I’m enjoying everyone’s progress so far. I’ll post pics of 4 blocks tomorrow. That’s #1 on my list tomorrow. I’ll get up early and work on them.

I’m envious of California’s weather. We are in the single digits for high temp, current temp -3f and -10f for low temp tonight. Great weather for watching tv, and sewing/quilting.

Happy New Years everyone!
    Old 12-31-2017, 07:48 PM

This morning I pieced one of the BH blocks and was quite happy to have it come out to size. My blocks tend to come out small so this was great.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]586338[/ATTACH]

I went back to working on finishing the curtains, baked a chocolate cake, went to a family New Years Eve gathering. We ring in New Years at 5:00pm which is midnight in Italy. It gets everyone either home early or have time for other celebrating. I came home and met one of my 2017 - my curtains are finished and hanging in my guest room.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]586339[/ATTACH]

in this next picture you can see the corner of my 2nd quilt - a Storm at Sea on point wall hanging:-)
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]586340[/ATTACH]

Happy New year to all!
    Attached Thumbnails 20171231_082708-800x600.jpg   20171231_203031-800x600.jpg   20171231_203007-800x600.jpg  

Last edited by tscweaves; 12-31-2017 at 07:48 PM. Reason: typos, again - dratted virtual keyboard
    Old 12-31-2017, 09:11 PM

Theresa, all of your work is impressive. Still can't believe how advanced you are for being such a relative newbie quilter.