Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Newbie questions >
  • Newbie questions

• Newbie questions

Old 10-02-2010, 06:38 PM

I have two questions. First I saw something on here about an acrylic sewing table that you used with your machine to extend your area. Can someone send me a link to see what they cost, I jut got one at a yard sale and am curious. Plus are they machine specific are just generic and work for any.
    Secondly what are jelly rolls packaged for size wise? I'm asking if I buy a jelly roll is it enough for a quilt top if so what size? Do I need more that one for a quilt? Are they all the same or does it change?
    Thanks alot
    Lisa
    Old 10-02-2010, 06:43 PM
    Power Poster

I can't answer either question, I'm sure someone will. I have a jelly roll and would like to know that also.
    Old 10-02-2010, 06:44 PM

The Sew Steady tables are made to fit each machine model. I have several of them. Even my sewing desk had their type insert that fits my machine. I also have a 24 x 24 table that I take with me whenever I take my machine somewhere else besides my desk.
    If you google Sew Steady I think you will come up with a link.
    I think the company name is Dream World.

http://stores.homestead.com/dreamworld/StoreFront.bok
    Old 10-02-2010, 06:45 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by lnlwhitt
    I have two questions. First I saw something on here about an acrylic sewing table that you used with your machine to extend your area. Can someone send me a link to see what they cost, I jut got one at a yard sale and am curious. Plus are they machine specific are just generic and work for any.
    Secondly what are jelly rolls packaged for size wise? I'm asking if I buy a jelly roll is it enough for a quilt top if so what size? Do I need more that one for a quilt? Are they all the same or does it change?
    Thanks alot
    Lisa
    My acrylic tables are machine specific, but there are tables now that can be adapted for different machines. I don't remember how much they cost as I purchased them at the dealer.
    Jelly rolls are usually around 42 strips 2 1/2" wide. Be careful to read the labels, especially if they are cut by individuals or LQS. ebay sometimes only has 10 or 12 strips on up...
    It depends on the size of quilt and the pattern you use. You should be able to easily make a lap, or maybe even a twin. Most Full, Queen, and King I would need more than one.
    Old 10-03-2010, 12:42 PM

check this link:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-63779-1.htm

They are specific to your machine model for them to cut out the opening. I LOVE mine. Check the prices thru www.allbrands.com. About half of what your LQS will charge!

I will probably have to get another one for my new machine when I get it home.
    Old 10-03-2010, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Kitsie
    check this link:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-63779-1.htm

They are specific to your machine model for them to cut out the opening. I LOVE mine. Check the prices thru www.allbrands.com. About half of what your LQS will charge!

I will probably have to get another one for my new machine when I get it home.
    They are specific to your machine model for them to cut out the opening. I LOVE mine. Check the prices thru
    http://www.allbrands.com/products/abp03522

For a 18 x 24" its $69.95 on sale now.About half of what your LQS will charge!
    Old 10-03-2010, 02:52 PM

Thanks for the information the acrylic table I got is by Sew Steady and is 18 x 24. Hubby thinks he will be able to cut the opening to fit the machine I get if needed since I don't know what machine this was bought for. I got it at a yard sale on Sat for 2.50 so I knew it was worth a chance since I had heard about them here.
    Old 10-03-2010, 03:05 PM
    Power Poster

jelly roll strips are 2 1/2" wide by width of fabric, so about 40" long, so...if you simply sewed the strips together you would have a long narrow strip about 40" wide by 80" long. you can use them with a charm pack (5" squares) where you frame the charms with the strips, that would give you something bigger.
    Old 10-03-2010, 04:09 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by lnlwhitt

Lisa
    I got my table through Clotilde online and yes - they are built specific to the machine. The cutout is made so the free arm of your machine is a tight fit and at the right height.