Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Niagara Spray Starch >
  • Niagara Spray Starch

• Niagara Spray Starch

Old 05-31-2011, 03:26 PM

I love it along with Mary Ellen's though its much more expensive than the Niagara one. I can't find the Niagara spray (liquid) in lavender though, it has such a nice scent to it and I don't have a problem with flakes either.
    Old 05-31-2011, 04:21 PM

if you have a dollar tree store in your area , they carry it to , and its only $1.00 there
    Old 05-31-2011, 07:26 PM

I make my own spray. use 1/2 watre and 1/2 cheap vodka and a scent of your choice, I use white vanila. Makes a cheap starch and no white startch flakes. I know I was douptful at first. Learned this from a magazine article on Mark lipinski now I am never withgout it
    Old 05-31-2011, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by john's
    I make my own spray. use 1/2 watre and 1/2 cheap vodka and a scent of your choice, I use white vanila. Makes a cheap starch and no white startch flakes. I know I was douptful at first. Learned this from a magazine article on Mark lipinski now I am never withgout it
    I don't see the amount of what starch? Or is the white vanilla one of the scents of Niagara's starch? Thanks
    Old 05-31-2011, 08:39 PM

I can still smell it. Mom had a coke bottle with a spout with holes that she sprinkled clothes with. Dad wore kaki pants & she starched & ironed them. Had these pants frames to stretch them out but I can't remember if she put them on before or after ironing them. Funny how things come back around. DS always wears starched shirts & jeans unless he is wearing a tee shirt.[/quote]

My mom (and us girls) used that for sprinkling clothes,as well. My grandma used an orange crush bottle with that little sprinkler thing for vinegar at her fish and chip stand. Memories!!
    Old 05-31-2011, 10:39 PM

I prefer sizing.
    Old 06-01-2011, 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by cmw0829
    I used starch for the first time today. It was an aerosol Niagara from my mother's so don't know how old it is.

Insects???? Now I recall that hearing that which is why I bought the Mary Ellen's Best Press instead. I starched because the teacher said to starch before cutting and thought the Niagara would do better.

I don't plan to wash right after constructing so what's the chance I'd get insects in, let's say, 4 to 6 months?
    I have never had a problem with bugs or yellowing either one and it's been over 4 years on some of mine.