Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • No clock on my sewing machine >
  • No clock on my sewing machine

• No clock on my sewing machine

Old 09-16-2014, 05:47 AM

I have a clock on the wall. I have to make myself stop often and move. Usually going to the ironing board will take care of it. If I sit for more than 40 minutes, I have a hard time getting up.
    Old 09-16-2014, 08:02 AM

I use the clock on my iPhone.

Originally Posted by franc36
    There is a clock in my sewing room that I can see from most areas as I work. Today, for lunch, I was baking a quiche that needed to cook for 45 minutes. I took a timer set for 43 minutes to the sewing room so I wouldn't forget to take the quiche out of the oven on time. I spend every spare minute quilting and often use the timer.
    Old 09-16-2014, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by barny
    Friday afternoon I put 6 eggs to boil. [you know where I'm going, right]. Then I thought "I think I'll call my sister in Indiana and we talked 40 minutes. Eggs on high. We opened windows, all the doors, I'm still scouring the pan. And wiped down cabinets, walls, floor, etc, etc. Little pieces of shell and eggs all ooooover the place. I forgot to set the timer on the stove. LOL

I've done that! I went to sleep, without meaning to, and when I awoke, eggs were, as you say, everywhere -- in the burned pan, on the cabinets and littering the floor. I opened doors and windows, propping open the front door "screen", which is a full length glass storm door, in order to get the smell and smoke out. I was in the kitchen, cleaning up, when I looked down and saw a small dog at my feet, sniffing the floor. He had apparently smelled the eggs and took advantage of my open front door!
    Old 09-16-2014, 11:43 AM

LOL mme! What a cute story! I guess scorched egg smells good to doggies! (It sure doesn't smell good to ME!)

I've "blown up" a pan of boiled eggs before too. Must be one of those things that everybody has to do at least once in their lifetime! (And hopefully JUST once!)