Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • No longer jealous of you "talented ladies" >
  • No longer jealous of you "talented ladies"

• No longer jealous of you "talented ladies"

Old 05-25-2010, 06:36 PM

I tell my children there is always a "reason" for everything and there is always that "someday"! I am going to "pay forward" here for you. There was a bunch of red (different kinds) that would be nice in a quilt and I am sure you can put it to good use. PM me and I will get this in the mail to you.....that is if you would like?

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
    Wonderful, I wish I had a GGM, GM or Mother to inherit from! Maybe I will just be so lucky to find a good buy! :) I am slowly getting material, but I have to watch what I spend now that Hub is retired and I have too. :)
    Old 05-25-2010, 06:37 PM

congrats on the fabric. I never did read the one on good will. Someoone find a big stash? I have never looked there. I am also a garage sale aholic. One time I went toone and this person had a garage plumfull of material. Sad thing was I didn't quilt then. Kick myself. I find myself looking at clothes that are made from cotton and in colors I like. I never see the material in stores so I get excited. Great for scrap quilts. I try to go for long skirts, dresses and blouses. Funny how you look at things differently!
    Old 05-25-2010, 06:41 PM

Yes it is :) I have thought about doing this also....however, I have so many projects in the making I better slow down here. Besides all the material I brought home I told hubby that I didn't need to shop for awhile and he just smiled.....like that is going to "not" happen!

Originally Posted by sabcoke
    congrats on the fabric. I never did read the one on good will. Someoone find a big stash? I have never looked there. I am also a garage sale aholic. One time I wnet a this person had a garage plumfull of material. Sad thing was I didn't quilt then. Kick myself. I find myself looking at clothes that are made from cotton and in colores I like. I never see the material in stores so I get excited. Great for scrap quilts. I try to go for long skirts, dresses and blouses. Funny how you look at things differently!
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :) :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
    Old 05-25-2010, 07:24 PM

Congratulations. No one else in my family quilts or sews, so not only
    will I not luck into a stash, have no one who will want mine. Maybe I can use it before I go. I am sure going to give it my best shot.
    Old 05-25-2010, 07:34 PM

I hear you on this one....I am the only one of my Mother's seven children that sews, knits, tatting. I am going to give it my best "shot" to use up all the material, yarn & string! You GO Girl you can do it....Of course we could go with if the "Good Lord" would give us a little hint, we could donate it to someone that will know what to do with it and appreciate it :)

Originally Posted by vivianv
    Congratulations. No one else in my family quilts or sews, so not only
    will I not luck into a stash, have no one who will want mine. Maybe I can use it before I go. I am sure going to give it my best shot.
    Old 05-25-2010, 09:09 PM

Last year the MIL of my daughter died. She left tons of fabric she bought new, at garage sales, rummage sales.
    We sorted all of it, first my daughter kept the one she liked, then I could keep the one I liked, the boxes wandered to friend of mine finally the leftover fabric was brought to a rummage sale.
    I still have to sort out the fabric I kept. One day I will be able to donate some of them to a member of the board.
    Old 05-25-2010, 09:35 PM
    Power Poster

Sorry your mother is not doing so well. But it is terrific her fabric will be put to good use, there's nothing worse than seeing things languish away 'til they become unusable. Haven't found anything great at thrift stores here lately...methinks there is a quilter in their midst.
    Old 05-26-2010, 12:11 AM

Just last night we had such a discussion regarding mothers and what they save. I am now the "grandmother" and find that throwing things away gets harder and harder because I constantly ask myself "who" can use this or will want it?
    Old 05-26-2010, 09:26 AM
    Banned

congratulations on your treasures, God bless. Penny
    Old 05-26-2010, 05:29 PM

You know what makes me jealous? All of you who have Mom's with stashes or daughters who want to dip into yours. I have all kinds of machines, Ellegante, Juki, Serger, Embellisher, and a utility room full of fabrics and I DON'T have one sewer or quilter in my family!!! I have already told my girls I want my church quilting group to have all my stuff, but I do wish it was going to go to one of my girls. (sigh)