• Main
  • No rotary blades >
  • No rotary blades

• No rotary blades

Old 12-26-2010, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Karyn
    Originally Posted by featherweight
    Originally Posted by Connie in CO
    Was so disappointed,went to Harbor Freight to buy a pack of blades.One person went in and bought them all.Who ever bought them all could of saved some for others :(
    I did find something that had three blades in it,not telling that person might go in and buy all of those to.
    Must have been the carpet cutter and 2 extra blades. 3.49???
    Yes, thats what I bought. I got 3 packs plus the cutter with another blade. They work just fine.
    That is what I had to do the first time I purchased. Came home threw the cutter away and kept the blades. Still cheaper than Olfa..
    Old 12-26-2010, 09:50 AM

[quote=gangles]I went to my local Harbor Freight and told the clerk I wanted them to special order ten packs of the blades for me, I had the part number with me, and they did. It took a month for them to come in but I did get them.[/
    ========================
    Could you PLEASE share that number with us? Just last night in conversation with a neighbor I discovered I had a Harbor Freight less than 10 miles away, and here I'd been planning to go 40 or more miles away in a few days!!
    Old 12-26-2010, 09:56 AM

We don't have a Harbor Freight up here in Maine so I ordered some of the blades online in AUGUST. I just received them earlier this month. They were backordered all that time.
    Old 12-26-2010, 10:17 AM

The HF in my part of In.discontinued them,real bummer
    Old 12-26-2010, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by truckers wife
    The HF in my part of In.discontinued them,real bummer
    What part of IN do you live. I live in Mishawaka and I was able to buy my blades from them.

Kay Mack
    Old 12-26-2010, 10:34 AM

Question for those who have bought HF blades.

when you go to the store, how many pkgs of blades do you find? Have there been more than 10? I am curious as to how many they are ordering. If they are selling out so quickly one would think they would increase their order. And, those who come to buy blades will likely buy other items. IF they discontinue them, it might be because they cannot get them. It sounded strange to me that they add this carpet cutter to their line of products and offer so few replacement blades. If they knew quilters were buying them, they could increase their inventory and increase their sales. Then again, maybe the supplier is having trouble getting them. We need to talk to management and find out what is going on within the company that holds the blades to some minimum number. Just think what would happen if they got a big box of them with a GROSS of those packagers. WOW!

Let find out and spread the word. The word has spread here on QB pretty well. Keep up the good work.

June in Cincinnati
    Old 12-26-2010, 10:42 AM

Southside of Indianapolis
    Old 12-26-2010, 10:45 AM

I know what you mean I had went to Harbor Freight to get some blades last Tues. and they didn't have any single pkgs. of blades either. They had another thing with blades in it but I didn't need to get that.
    Old 12-26-2010, 10:46 AM

If they are selling out so quickly one would think they would increase their order.
    ------------------------
    Something about this reminded me of when I tried to get another marvelous carpet cutter. Months later I went back and they said they no longer carried the Blue Thunder carpet cutter, they had no way of ordering, they simply took what their suppliers furnished them. The first one, Blue Thunder, worked nicely with my 70 plus year old hands in taking up a room full of carpeting that I had hated for so long. It cut the carpet like it was denim. The new one I bought didn't work as well at all on another carpet, gave me blisters. And not one of them had a circular blade !!!
    Sorry, this was at Home Depot, never heard of Harbor Freight at that time.
    Old 12-26-2010, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by lindalou
    I ordered 2 packs online a while ago. That's all I could order. The shipping was way more than the cost of the blades. Not sure if it was a good deal or not?
    I agree!!! by the tme you pay postage/shipping you may as well buy them from lqs :cry: