Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • None existent British quilting >
  • None existent British quilting

• None existent British quilting

Old 05-06-2010, 03:07 PM

Welcome from Wasaga Beach, Ontario, Canada

With this site, you will never be alone. There are quilters from all over the world here, U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zeland, Ireland and even England :-P

So send your stories, pictures, smiles, grips and tears. There's always someone here to appreciate your work and stories, Understand your grips and tears and give you hugs when needed.
    Old 05-06-2010, 03:33 PM

Welcome, Bev!!! :D

Just join on in, and you'll be right at home with your friends across the pond!
    Old 05-06-2010, 03:58 PM
    Gal

Hi Bev, I live in a very rural part of NZ, no local quilt group to join and I only know one other lady nearby who has been quilting for over 20 years. I try not to bug her too much with my questions etc as I am new to quilting. LOL. And she obviouly has her own personal style of quilts which she likes to make. This is an amazing Forum, I have learn't so much here, I love visiting often and I learn something new every time I sign in! I feel as though I have found a whole new bunch of like minded friends. Just as well we are not all in the same room at the same time as we would not get any quilting done!!

Gal
    Old 05-06-2010, 04:35 PM

Another Brit here :) I used to live in a really small village called Bugbrooke, near Northampton, and I still miss the beautiful countryside around there.

For whatever reason, there are some wonderful needlework stores over there, but definitely less on the quilting front. Ironically though, some of my favorite fabrics are by Makower, and I have had to order from England on occasion in order to get all the fabrics I needed in a given series for one of their patterns.
    Old 05-06-2010, 04:43 PM

Hi Bev
    It might take a while, but I am sure you will find a group of like minded souls - and we are all here when you need us. Eeeee ooop lass, theres nowt a goodly wail won't fix! as my MIL used to say :lol:
    Old 05-06-2010, 05:37 PM
    Power Poster

Hello and Welcome from Northern Indiana ! Glad you joined us :lol:

Do you have any friends that enjoy doing any kinds of crafts ? I had a friend that we started out getting together to crochet, as time went on I started doing other crafts and soon was doing my quilting on our "girls" night. Guess what ? In March she bought a sewing machine and now she is learning how to quilt :wink: She watched me and got the bug :lol: In fact she is also a member here . Maybe if you can find a craft buddy , at least you will have someone to share things with

And we are always here :wink:
    Old 05-06-2010, 06:00 PM
    Banned

Bev you might not be surrounded by a lot of quilters but you have TONS of vintage machines all around you!!

I am planning to come over to the UK next year and I will be loaded for bear!! I am going to buy as many vintage machines I can and ship them back home.

If you want I can always bring a suitcase packed with fabric for you!!!

Billy
    Old 05-06-2010, 06:50 PM
    Pam

Bev, get in contact with Billy, take him up on the fabric thing!!! I bet he can search out things you could not find online. You have tons of quilting friends!
    Old 05-06-2010, 07:00 PM
    Power Poster

You have lots of quilting buddies here. I have learned so much from these wonderful people. Have fun with us.
    Old 05-06-2010, 07:04 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Pam
    Bev, get in contact with Billy, take him up on the fabric thing!!! I bet he can search out things you could not find online. You have tons of quilting friends!
    Dont think we cant take up a collection and mail it to you!! All you have to do is say its a gift on the customs receipt and your good.

Billy