Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Northcutt customer service >
  • Northcutt customer service

• Northcutt customer service

Old 09-22-2017, 05:14 AM

Recently, for the first time I used two different charm packs for two different projects using the same pattern. I can't say I am overly thrilled, too many slight inconsistencies in size and the pinked edges which (for me) made it difficult to keep a steady and straight seam. I do like the variety of fabric designs.
    Old 09-22-2017, 07:59 AM

I have never had a Moda charm pack be off at all. This one is a consistent 1/8" on only one side which is why I alerted them so they can have their supplier adjust their equipment. The pinked edges don't bother me. In this case, I sewed with my home cut 5" square on top so I didn't even see the pinked edges.
    Old 09-23-2017, 05:59 AM

As an employee of my LQS, my opinion is that the shop did not cut and package the chips. It is possible that they would not even have the yardage or additional chip packages to replace it with. Therefore, the manufacturer should be the responsible party. My LQS would take it back and replace if possible and contact the company herself. I think most of the big name companies are good about things like this. On the other hand, I feel your pain when precuts are not exactly the size they should be, or when a piece is shorted or missing. It is very frustrating to have to wait to finish a project! Please show us your work when you complete it. Northcott has some gorgeous fabric out right now!

Linda in Missouri
    Old 09-23-2017, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by LTeachergeorge
    As an employee of my LQS, my opinion is that the shop did not cut and package the chips. It is possible that they would not even have the yardage or additional chip packages to replace it with. Therefore, the manufacturer should be the responsible party. My LQS would take it back and replace if possible and contact the company herself. I think most of the big name companies are good about things like this. On the other hand, I feel your pain when precuts are not exactly the size they should be, or when a piece is shorted or missing. It is very frustrating to have to wait to finish a project! Please show us your work when you complete it. Northcott has some gorgeous fabric out right now!

Linda in Missouri
    I agree with Linda, the quilt store while not responsible for any damage/incosistencies to any fabric or shortage to precuts should as part of good customer service exchange the product. And yes many times short pieces are part of an excess piece from overlaying. A stores reputation can be easily ruined by words.