Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Now that Xmas of '09 is past, what's the plan for '10 >
  • Now that Xmas of '09 is past, what's the plan for '10

• Now that Xmas of '09 is past, what's the plan for '10

Old 12-28-2009, 06:58 PM

I am concentrating on this entire 2010 year, to make & stock up on gifts. This includes, lap quilts, purses, totes, pot holders, etc. I have bought so many patterns with good intents & now is past time to put those projects to use. Baby quilts, bibs, burp cloths etc. I plan to designate a certain closet to a gift closet. I am really really serious! I want to walk over to my closet at Christmastime next year and just pull out a gift and wrap. Ok, I know everyone is laughing. It sure sounds good, doesn't it!
    Old 12-28-2009, 07:09 PM

I just want to get the 1st block of the Saturday Club done by this coming Saturday!!!!!
    Old 12-29-2009, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by deedum
    I am concentrating on this entire 2010 year, to make & stock up on gifts. This includes, lap quilts, purses, totes, pot holders, etc. I have bought so many patterns with good intents & now is past time to put those projects to use. Baby quilts, bibs, burp cloths etc. I plan to designate a certain closet to a gift closet. I am really really serious! I want to walk over to my closet at Christmastime next year and just pull out a gift and wrap. Ok, I know everyone is laughing. It sure sounds good, doesn't it!
    Not laughing here. For years I have started "shopping" for next C'mas right after the 25th. Not necessarily purposeful shopping, but if I am out anytime and see something that I think a certain person would like, I pick it up and it goes in my BIG gift tote. Other than last minute sewing gifts, I am often done with purchased gifts by the end of September. Have fun filling your closet this year!!!
    Old 12-29-2009, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by deedum
    I think we should resurrect this thread next Dec. 1.

:lol:
    Old 12-29-2009, 06:41 AM
    Power Poster

well, i'm going to (try) to get a jump on the next year's projects...i am so very excited to be in a position to be able to take a few classes and participate in a couple groups offered through the lqs...in the past work always seemed to interfere but this year starting my (new/old) full time job my hours allow me to participate more...yea!!!
    i'm going to take a hand applique class...even though i do tons of applique i have had no 'training', so, i know i could do better with some instruction :)
    going to sign up for a couple other programs/classes just to get me out and about with other quilters...it's going to be a GREAT NEW YEAR!!!
    Old 12-29-2009, 06:59 AM

You folks are great! I can identify with each and every one of your posts, both the serious and amusing ones. On Sunday I jump-started my New Year's Resolution List by cleaning out and organizing my fabric closet, and in the process discovered that I've got enough potential quilts in there to last all of us several lifetimes. So the next resolution is to use what I've got and stay clear of my LQS until a dent is made in this mess. What was I thinking, buying all that fabric? But you know what? It made me feel rich inside knowing that a lot of people in my family will eventually have something to remember me by. I don't mean to sound morbid, but let's face it, those quilts will outlive all of us! The big challenge is to decide which one to start on first.
    Happy New Year, everyone, and thanks for being here.
    Old 12-29-2009, 07:30 AM

I plsn on msking a new tablecloth and runner to match my new kitchen decor; then need to start the BOM for our guild's challenge; then need to use up some more scraps and use of the scrappy ideas I've seen here; then, and then, and then maybe I'll dip into my UFO's and finish one or two. Happy New Year!
    Old 12-29-2009, 08:22 AM

:lol: NOW that is really FUNNY!!!
    Old 12-29-2009, 08:53 AM

I am going to finish any outstanding projects, then work on some quilts for abused women's shelter.
    Old 12-29-2009, 09:13 AM

I am going to the store and buy up the Christmas fabric that is on sale and store it for 2010 Christmas....I am also starting a quilt for my FIL for his birthday in June, and of course fathers day is that month as well. Got the fabric late, (right before Christmas) or it would have been a Christmas gift this year!!!