Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • okay, now what????? >
  • okay, now what?????

• okay, now what?????

Old 12-19-2011, 02:42 AM
    Power Poster

my 'now what' every year tends to be the same---first i clean/organize my sewing room-sometimes rearranging it a bit too---while i am cleaning organizing my brain is in overdrive-coming up with ideas for new projects (seeing, fondling, folding, organizing all that stash is down right inspirational!)
    then i make a 'rough draft' of ideas to get started on for next year---
    i try to not be rushing-trying to get last minute things done during the holiday season- i like to start in January- and work on projects during the dreary cold winter- so i make a list (lots of lists) with an idea who i would like to sew for next year-and ideas what i might like to make them---so those first couple weeks after everything is wrapped & ready are just spent planning/organizing/browsing magazines/ caressing fabric then i get busy again.
    Old 12-19-2011, 09:33 AM

Well, still need to finish Christmas - making little Christmas mini totes to hold gift cards (easy to do!) and need to make a cover for a Nook tablet (designed in my head but not started yet!) Had a battle with my RA last week so got nothing done.

Then need to make cookies tonight for the family cookie exchange on Wednesday night and get the house cleaned and in order for Christmas Dinner and Christmas with kids on Monday.

If I wasn't doing stuff at the last minute it would not be me! (Boy, I need to retire....sigh.)
    Old 12-19-2011, 09:36 AM

Well there's wrapping, baking, checking your list, last minute items to buy...oh and watching a fun Christmas movie with a glass of wine or cup of hot chocolate!!
    Old 12-19-2011, 09:50 AM

Well, my sewing room looks like a tornado swept through it so I'm going to clean it up today. I have 2 bins of unfinished projects so my goal is to work on one each day during my 2 weeks of winter break and try and finish some of them. Today I have to go to SewVac and return some metallic thread that had a gritch in it that caused the thread to hang up when I embroidered, and figure out what to do with an embroidery machine that I took in for repair and the repair is going to cost me what I paid for the machine. Parts anyone?
    Old 12-19-2011, 10:01 AM

I always think I can get just one more little project done for Christmas!
    Old 12-20-2011, 05:07 AM

I bought up a late quilter's stash . It is lovely but she was a smoker and it all needed to be washed. NOW it all needs to be ironed. Not a fun project but it has to be done. Maybe Santa will send elves to do it....
    Old 12-20-2011, 05:32 AM

Gather all your scraps and make something for a needy child - your school nurse may know of some - or needy adult - ask your minister or local service agencies.
    Old 12-20-2011, 05:47 AM
    Banned

NO...sadly I never get them all done...I always want to do more than humanly possible it seems...SO...I just keep sewing and then I have a jump on next year...yeah, right....sigh
    Old 12-20-2011, 05:58 AM

Funny you should mention this. I finished my last "must do" project last night and had dreams all night about my next project. Think I'll start working on my Great grandmothers quilt blocks. Have been putting this one off as it makes my nervous to work on something this cherished.
    Old 12-20-2011, 07:40 AM

No, I sure haven't because I have so many unfinished projects from years past, I can always go to some of them.