Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Oliso TG1600 Pro Plus 1800 Watt SmartIro >
  • Oliso TG1600 Pro Plus 1800 Watt SmartIro

• Oliso TG1600 Pro Plus 1800 Watt SmartIro

Old 07-12-2024, 05:04 PM

I have the Shark Pro - it's 1800 watt and heavy and so far lasted 3 years and counting. I have a Sunbeam iron that is only 1400 watt and just didn't seem to get hot enough. I have kept it as a back up.
    We go to a place in Vegas and they have an iron and it's a very cheap Black andd Decker - that one gets so hot I love it! If I have to replace the ones I have Black and Decker will me my next. With my luck the poor cheap iron has been dropped once too often and the thermostat doesn't work and that's why. But when we go there I never take my travel iron any more because their little ones work great;
    Old 07-12-2024, 08:10 PM
    Power Poster

Sometimes I think the fancier an item is, the more that can go wrong with it.

I have a black and decker basic steam iron. The main complaint i have about it is that it is hard to tell when it has "enough" water so I frequently overfill it and then have a puddle on my ironing board.

Old 07-13-2024, 03:17 AM

I've had 3 Rowenta's - 2 normal size and one travel iron - and swore I'd never buy another. Last year, I found an old one at a thrift store and bought it, as I'd heard that they used to be great irons. As it is in our winter home, I haven't had a chance to use it for more than a few months, although thus far it seems to be great. I wouldn't spend the money on a newer one.

I've had an Oliso for about a year, having got it on a great sale. Like many, as I age, my wrists and hands bother me. I do find this easier to use, but sometimes, if I move it quickly from the resting position to a block or piece of fabric, the legs haven't fully retracted and it gets caught on whatever I am ironing.

I do use steam; not always, but frequently. I see no point in having an iron that requires me to use a separate sprayer.

My dream is a Laurastar, but as I don't have much space, I don't kinow how I'd make that work, even if I was going to spend the money on it.
    Old 07-13-2024, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy
    I've had 3 Rowenta's - 2 normal size and one travel iron - and swore I'd never buy another. Last year, I found an old one at a thrift store and bought it, as I'd heard that they used to be great irons. As it is in our winter home, I haven't had a chance to use it for more than a few months, although thus far it seems to be great. I wouldn't spend the money on a newer one.

I've had an Oliso for about a year, having got it on a great sale. Like many, as I age, my wrists and hands bother me. I do find this easier to use, but sometimes, if I move it quickly from the resting position to a block or piece of fabric, the legs haven't fully retracted and it gets caught on whatever I am ironing.

I do use steam; not always, but frequently. I see no point in having an iron that requires me to use a separate sprayer.

My dream is a Laurastar, but as I don't have much space, I don't kinow how I'd make that work, even if I was going to spend the money on it.
    The LauraStar lift is used with your regular ironing board. I have mine on a TV tray next to the board so it doesn't take much more space. This is my second LauraStar. The first one last over 10 years at a time when I was sewing a lot.