Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Ombre Fabric >
  • Ombre Fabric

• Ombre Fabric

Old 01-10-2010, 05:14 PM

Karen Combs' line is called Shade Cascade and it is made by Blank Quilting. If you search for that either on Google or quiltshops.com, you will find it easily. Moda also makes a marble ombre line that is quite nice but definitely marble.
    Old 01-10-2010, 06:05 PM

They definitely had the Karen Combs Shade cascade line on the web page I listed earlier. Hope you find what you need.
    Old 01-10-2010, 06:50 PM

Sew much more in Clarkson, Ky. has a big selection of Ombre Fabric. Type in sew much more , Clarkson Ky in the yellow pages and you will get her phone number or let me know if you can't find it and I will mail you her number. I am sure she would be happy to mail you some fabric.
    Good luck.
    Old 01-11-2010, 04:02 AM

Happy Sewer, do you live in Clarkson or maybe Litchfield? I live in Muhlenburg County. It's nice to meet someone sort of close.
    Old 01-11-2010, 04:55 AM
    Power Poster

try Sewing with Nancy Zeiman's store...i think it's nancys notions but could be wrong. she does lots of landscape quilting and loves the ombres for them, if she isn't carrying them in her shop i'm sure she has a list of links where to get them
    Old 01-11-2010, 07:51 AM

I live in Elizabethtown, Ky.
    My husband and I are orginally from Va. He is retired army. We always came back to Ft. Knox and it seemed like home to us and our children so we stayed here after retirement.
    My friend and I go to Clarkson a lot. You know women have to shop away from the town they live in. lol
    Dixie at sew much more has nice fabric and a very friendly atmosphere. I am more of a beginner quilter. I can sew , always have, but I hope to become a better achiever.
    I bought a used brother 8500 from a friend and love it. So far I have just embroidered towels.
    So what town are you located. There is a lady in Columbia that quilts very reasonalby. Nice to meet you.
    Old 01-11-2010, 09:02 AM

I live in Belton,Ky, a tiny place in Muhlenberg County(the home of the Everly Brothers).We are about an hour west of Bowling Green. I love to shop at Whittle's Fabrics just north of Bowling Green, about 3 miles off Louisville Road. They have just moved into their new building which more than doubled their fabric. Plus it is so light and airy. They also have a website http://www.whittlesfabrics.com/ and the best prices around. We sometimes get up to Leitchfield area, I'll have to jump over to Clarkson to check out Sew Much More. I can always stand to shop for more fabric. LOL My local Walmart in Central City is remodeling in Feb. and you know what that means-no more fabrics. There is a quilt shop in Greenville but most of their fabric is not as good as Walmart.
    My two sisters and I co-own a Tin Lizzy quilter. Just this week it came to stay at my house. I'm hoping to get several quilts finished before spring that I have been promising to my kids and grankids. Tops have been done for a couple of years. Our mother passed away a little over a year ago and we have not been in the mood to get together and quilt. Right before Christmas my nephew died suddenly and Sister who had custody of Lizzie wanted me to take it home with me, so I made room in family room and have been tuning her up. Husband's not so sure of it sitting right out in the open-making noises about enlarging my sewing room now 11'x13'. Not a bad thing. LOL
    Old 01-11-2010, 09:43 AM

I have shopped at Whittles's. I am glad they finally got in their new building.

My husband loves the Everly Brothers. He painted Cathy's clown on his tank in Korea. Of course, my name is Cathy.

Are we writing on a separate site. Can anyone read this?
    can send you my personal email address if we are.

Good talking to you. Maybe we can run into each other at Whittles. I don't normally like Walmart fabric anymore. Most of it is cheap. but i don't like quilting shop prices either.

If you go to Clarkson, go to L$L sales across the street from Sew Much More. They have some seconds but some of it is the quality of better shops. 2.98 a yard and less. You might like some of it. My dh says I have too much fabric now and I know he is right. It's like being an alcoholic isn't it.

Have a great day.
    Old 01-11-2010, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by happy sewer
    I have shopped at Whittles's. I am glad they finally got in their new building.

My husband loves the Everly Brothers. He painted Cathy's clown on his tank in Korea. Of course, my name is Cathy.

Are we writing on a separate site. Can anyone read this?
    can send you my personal email address if we are.

Good talking to you. Maybe we can run into each other at Whittles. I don't normally like Walmart fabric anymore. Most of it is cheap. but i don't like quilting shop prices either.

If you go to Clarkson, go to L$L sales across the street from Sew Much More. They have some seconds but some of it is the quality of better shops. 2.98 a yard and less. You might like some of it. My dh says I have too much fabric now and I know he is right. It's like being an alcoholic isn't it.

Have a great day.
    This is an open Forum so anyone can read your post. Please don't post your address here. What you want to do is click on the person's name and it will take you to their personal information. Then click on the button that says Send this person a PM. PMs (Personal Messages) are private and that way you won't have your address hanging out there for just anyone to see. :thumbup:

Yep, quilting is addictive, as is collecting fabric. If there is a support group out there like AA - don't tell my hubby about it or he'll try to make me join. :P Actually, this is a great support group. What other group of friends not only understands our addiction but encourages us to go out and buy even more fabric!?! :lol:
    Old 01-11-2010, 10:23 AM

Cathy (Happy Sewer) I sent you a PM