Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • One ENTIRE Day Shot! >
  • One ENTIRE Day Shot!

• One ENTIRE Day Shot!

Old 08-03-2009, 07:33 AM
    Power Poster

Yesterday I was going to start sewing the blocks together on my "Danbury" quilt. When I started laying out the different sections, I found that I had done a bunch of them wrong. It took hours to rip all of them out and pull those little threads off of the fabric. I was hoping to have 5 or 6 blocks to show you. Man, I really need to learn to read ALL of the directions when I am doing something.
    Old 08-03-2009, 07:39 AM

We've all made stupid mistakes. While doing the center for the RR I cut on the sewing line instead of the cutting line and had to do a whole section over, so I know how you fee.
    Old 08-03-2009, 07:49 AM
    Power Poster

That is so frustrating. I have done that and muttered bad things under my breath as I am ripping out my stitches. I just keep telling myself I learn from my mistakes.
    Old 08-03-2009, 12:01 PM
    Power Poster

Oh, dear, you have my sympathies, I too am harder on myself than on others. I get so cross with me when I make a stupid mistake, or lose something, break something...you know the idea. I hope you are on the way to putting things right, and tomorrow can go forward again.
    Old 08-03-2009, 12:03 PM
    Power Poster

Some days I can just sit and laugh at myself when that happens to me, other days I do admit to using bad words... :wink:
    Old 08-03-2009, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by amma
    Some days I can just sit and laugh at myself when that happens to me, other days I do admit to using bad words... :wink:
    RIght there with you, little one. Of course, I am too pompous to admit that I was "stupid", but I have questioned myself about what was I thinking?????
    Bottom line on my experience is: I can tell you what NOT to do, LONG before I can tell you HOW to do <g> ... and, there is a good reason why God made people like me.
    First of all, I make a lot of people look REALLY good! (and, who doesn't want to help others? LOL)
    And, because I can hit every mistake that can possibly be made, I am quite proficient at helping others avoid the pitfalls. It is okay ... so, it takes me more time! <g> The hardest thing was to get used to how I learn and what possible good it could ever do for others ....
    We don't mind not being right all of the time as long as someone is helped by us and not hindered, eh? :wink:
    Old 08-03-2009, 04:02 PM
    Power Poster

I happened to pick up a Fons and Porter seam ripper to unsew a lot of block seams this last weekend. I didn't know the handle was a tool too! It works great to remove the ripped thread ends. The threads pulled right out of the fabric with no fuss at all. Just put the handle end on the seam and rub the thread, it comes right out. :D :D :D :D
    Old 08-03-2009, 04:06 PM
    Power Poster

If I continue in the manner that I have been going, I may have to break down and get one.
    Old 08-03-2009, 05:57 PM

Been there, done that! Hate having to learn like that, but that's the way I am also. It happens most often when I am tryhing to get ahead of myself! That is where a design wall really helps, IF I take time to look at it! :?
    Old 08-03-2009, 06:01 PM

Sorry to hear that. Sometimes I feel like I do more unsewing than I do sewing. I hate it when that happens. Bet you remember next time.