Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Which online dealer should I use? >
  • Which online dealer should I use?

• Which online dealer should I use?

Old 12-28-2013, 08:01 AM

You can't go wrong with Amazon. They stand behind everything they sell, plus third party sellers have to meet their standards. I've been buying from them since 1997 and never had a problem. My quilting machine is from Amazon and I have had no problems at all, in fact I absolutely love it. I have three machines and a serger, all from Amazon. Yes they are a big outfit, but they stand with you on every purchase.
    Old 12-28-2013, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltgrammy
    This is my first time to do this, though I have been reading the post for some time. It has been really helpful to see all your comments and discussions.

I have been really wanting a Brother PQ1500 and my DH just gave me the money to get it for my birthday which is tomorrow! But I can't decide which online dealer to go with. Amazon, Allbrands or Kens. There is one in California too but I don't remember that name. Any suggestions or warnings? My closest dealer is 2 hours away and won't go below $655. Even if I pay cash and pick it up.
    I just ordered that same machine from Amazon for $599, it should be here next week. I used Amazon because of the recommendations from the wonderful QB members. All my experiences with Amazon have been great and we order a lot of stuff from them.
    Old 12-28-2013, 08:50 AM

I ordered my brother 9000 through Amazon but it came from Kens and they are great. Enjoy your 1500 and let us sew what you do with it.

Last edited by Carol34446; 12-28-2013 at 08:51 AM. Reason: add more
    Old 12-28-2013, 09:13 AM

Got mine at Amazon. No problems, free shipping. When I did have a problem with it - not the machine's fault - local authorized dealer had no problem servicing it under the warrantee. (In fact, I ended up paying a minimum because the problem was something rather stupid I had done I had done). Doesn't seem to me that a dealer will turn away business because one did not purchase their machine there. The other thing is, unlike the high priced machines, this one you can clean and oil yourself - hence the need for expensive servicing is dramatically reduced.

Last edited by Maggieloe; 12-28-2013 at 09:16 AM.
    Old 12-28-2013, 09:53 AM

Thanks for all the wonderful replies. I am glad to hear all the good reports on getting the machine from Amazon. I buy a lot from them but just wasn't sure about a sewing machine. It is on its way, to be delivered Monday. It is going to be a long weekend! I have been learning so much on this board. Sure glad I found you!
    Old 12-28-2013, 12:44 PM

I have bought three machines from Sewing Machine Plus. They are awesome to buy from and have free shipping. The sewing machines have been high end and I love dealing with this company.
    Old 12-28-2013, 01:24 PM

We have also had great success with Amazon - Great choice!
    Old 12-28-2013, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Prism99
    If it's this one from Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/Brother-PQ1500...dp/B003C29EL4/
    and the price is similar to other places, I would buy from Amazon. The listing says sold by and shipped by Amazon, which is good. I would be sure to try out ***everything*** on the machine and give it a good workout before the re.
    I noticed on that same page there is also a little picture of this model Brother Designio Series DZ1500F High Speed Straight Stitch Sewing Machine, looks exactly like the 1500s except for a little different decorative design, every thing else is the same, including price & Prime, I wonder if they have upgraded or downgraded any of the insides of the machine. Or if it is just the same with fancier decoration?
    I also love, love Amazon Prime, worry if they are hurting dealers, but they are also partnering with the dealers so they are getting the sale.
    Old 12-28-2013, 09:52 PM

I have used kens and bought a machine they shipped to me in Alaska. Good service would highly recomend them.