Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • online shopping >
  • online shopping

• online shopping

Old 08-22-2012, 06:47 PM

Default online shopping

Hi everyone, I was curious to know if anyone has had any dealings with 'Quilt Escape' ? I placed an order via paypal almost 2 months ago and have not yet recieved the goods. Money has benn removed from my paypal account with a not 'not sent. I have attempted to communicate with the site but am unable to see how to do this. I am willing to wait, but am now wonderiing if I am dealing with a reputable store or not! Does anyone know of this website or had any trouble with their orders?

Shop- Quilt Escape
    Purchased- Magic Triangle Tool: $10, Block Explosion (autographed copy): $20
    Date purchased- 13 July.
    Old 08-22-2012, 06:54 PM

I would check your Paypal account. You should be able to get information re: contact numbers or address in your transaction information. I googled Quilt Escape but I found soo many different sites, I'm not sure which one you ordered from. Was it in Australia or here in the states?
    Old 08-22-2012, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by spokanequilter
    I've never heard of Quilt Escape before now, but I checked out their website. Interesting that their home page doesn't have an option for "contact", but if you go to Classes & Instruction, you can get there..... http://www.quiltescape.com/classes.html

Hope this helps and you get a satisfactory response from the company...
    If this is the site she is talking about there is a contact link at the very bottom of the page
    Old 08-22-2012, 07:25 PM
    Power Poster

You have 45 days after paying for something to open up a PayPal dispute. Check the date of your transaction. If you are not beyond the 45 day limit, *immediately* open a dispute through PayPal. To do this, go to the "Resolution Center" on PayPal. There are tutorials and explanations that make this very easy to do.

Do not wait to open a dispute! I recently opened one just 10 days after placing an order because I had not gotten shipment confirmation from the seller and the seller had not responded to my email. Opening a dispute will "wake up" the seller to your problem. If they cannot send the item, PayPal makes it easy for the company to refund your money. If they do not close the dispute one way or another, PayPal may take action against them.

Edit: I noticed at the bottom of your post that the transaction date was July 13th. This means you can still open a PayPal dispute. Do not delay, however, as your 45 days will be up very soon.
    Old 08-23-2012, 03:45 AM

Thank you all so much! I didn't think to look further than the home page for a contact address. Also the info re paypal is good to know. Now I can really hot up my investigations. Thanks again - you're the greatest!
    Old 08-23-2012, 04:31 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

You are more willing to wait than I. That is quite a while with no response. I think Prism99 knows what she is talking about and would follow her directions immediately. Glad you came and asked the question.