Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • only 54 more days-do you....? >
  • only 54 more days-do you....?

• only 54 more days-do you....?

Old 11-03-2010, 08:15 PM

You sound very ambitious. More power to you!
    Old 11-03-2010, 08:46 PM

Seems Christmas comes around faster every year. I always have good intensions, but ..... Since I'm trying to get my fabric business started it seems the days fly by. I'm also on ebay (whitediamond98 if you're interested) and will have a web site in a couple of weeks.

Christmas is such a wonderful time. My husband wants me to make him a quilt and I wish I had it made to surprise him Christmas morning. If I start right after Christmas maybe I'll have it finished by next Christmas.

Linda Rae
    Old 11-03-2010, 08:47 PM

Am about 2/3rds done. Quilt for DD and DSIL going to the quilters tomorrow. Quilt of Great Nephew has 1 more border to put on and I need to find backing. Still have a few things to make but the big ones are done. Thank goodness.
    Old 11-04-2010, 01:49 AM

lol....i say that every year! :)
    Originally Posted by hperttula123
    lol, nope. I just got started. I've got lots to do and I plan on making a bunch of cat and dog blankets for the local animal shelter(they need presents too). I'm not sure I will get all the presents done. I think I'm gonna start right after Christmas on next years stuff though. That way I don't have to worry about it next year.
    Old 11-04-2010, 03:51 AM

I can happily say I finished two of my Christmas projects last night. One was a crocheted afghan the other is a lap quilt that I'll post a picture of later today hopefully. I still have one tree skirt to make and need it done by the beginning of December and started sewing that one yesterday.
    Old 11-04-2010, 10:01 AM

yes
    Old 11-04-2010, 12:13 PM

I know what you mean I was Kitchenless a few weeks ago and it made it hard to do much of anything with the sink,cabnets and floor tore out. But we endure that's what we women often have to do. I'll take this time to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year>
    Old 11-04-2010, 12:36 PM

Have not thought about Christmas yet. I have family birthdays mid-November and I can't think about Christmas until after they are sorted.
    Old 11-04-2010, 04:06 PM

I am making snuggle (lap size) quilts for my daughter and her husband and son. The first one (daughters) is now at the quilter, and just received word it is ready to be picked up, the second (for her husband)is ready to go to quilter. I hope to make that exchange this week end. The third is almost finished and will go to the quilter when the second is finished. I feel real good in that they should all be back and ready for binding by Thanksgiving or Dec 1. I look forward to the binding part because it will be the most relaxing once the hurried days of December come. I plan to make matching pillow cases for each. One is already finished. For once I feel I am ahead of the game.
    Old 11-04-2010, 06:50 PM

Hi,
    Love your Santa,
    Have a number of projects in the works, only two finished so far. Was going to sell fall and Christmas wall hangings and table runners at two church bazaars but although I sewed every day for about six hours (can't do more, my back hurts too bad), I could never seem to get things finished. So I gave up the idea of making some money for a Christmas trip to Florida to see my dad. Still going to Florida but without as much cash. My daughter says for me to continue what I started and make more so I can sell some next year. Has this ever happened to any of you?