Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • our sewing toys >
  • our sewing toys

• our sewing toys

Old 01-05-2011, 07:47 PM

mine loves yard work and gardening in season and his wood shop too.
    Old 01-05-2011, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jill
    Mine does woodworking and penturning.
    I had to double check your name. I have a friend who is a national quilt judge and her husband does penturning. I was wondering while I have your ear, if you can use the same technique and make knitting needles?
    Old 01-05-2011, 08:05 PM

My DH stays busy doing anything he can so as not to be sitting all day. Can't stand doing that. He works in the yard which can be very demanding, loves to shovel snow (yuk), makes beautiful dollhouses (made a replica of our home) and does all sorts of wood crafts as well as repairs around the house. His latst hobby is making crosses from wooden matches. You would have to see them to know how beautiful they are. Sold quite a few also. They are not cheap either. Will try to post pics of the dollhouses and crosses with my DD's help as soon as she has time, She works some very long hours. BTW, he is almost 79 years of age.
    Old 01-05-2011, 08:05 PM

Lots of camera equipment and an unnecessary amount of socket wrenches, really, how many do you need
    Old 01-05-2011, 08:13 PM

Hand Tools, gauges, powere tools, You name it,
    he likes fixing things.
    Old 01-05-2011, 08:18 PM

My dh is into cage carts. They are a bigger than a go cart with the wing. They go way to fast for me. And the more he can make it slide the better he likes it... He hasn't grown up yet....
    Tee Hee... but he spoils me too. At clost to 40 years together
    ConnieF
    Old 01-05-2011, 08:50 PM

My DH owns his own music store, he owns many guitars, banjos, a violin, mandolin, etc. and these are his personal property, not part of the store inventory. If that were not enough, he is also into guns... target shooting, muzzleloading, etc. Oh, and let's not forget the RC airplanes. Oh, and the computer stuff. LOL, I better quit counting.. I don't have room in my stash storage to try to keep up with him.
    Old 01-05-2011, 08:56 PM
    PEP

My DH is into restoring vehicles, '67 VW beetle, Olds Cutlas, Pontiac with transmission in the rear painted orig color ice blue & is beautiful, his Corvette, his old Mercedes, a '94 Caddie, 4-wheelers & go carts for GCldrn to ride a beautiful conversion van . . . I call it his fleet! Not to mention all the tools and parts needed to work on all of them. Now starting on an old Willy's Jeep that needs a lot of 'love'! He installed a lift in his garage also! Patty
    Old 01-05-2011, 08:58 PM

My husbands hobby is collecting movies...currently he has at least 1400 DVD's and about 2200 VCR movies. And he can tell you what every single one of them are about. Blows my mind. His other hobbie also is kitchen gadgets. Hes the only man that I know of that has to have this and that and those all for the kitchen and HE DOESNT even cook. Right now he is saving up his spare money to get a Kitchen aid mixer....for what reason? To gather more dust. I will probably never use it...just like we don't use the Magic Bullet that sits in the bottom drawer in the Kitchen nor have we used the Ninja that sits in the box in the cupboard too. My hobbies are collecting Salt and Pepper Shakers Sets and souviner spoons.So if anyone has any salt and pepper shaker sets they may want to part with...please please let me know, I am very interested in them. ;)
    Old 01-05-2011, 08:58 PM

My DH builds model boats...big (5' long, some of them), remote controlled mostly. They are works of art. He has so many kits and parts and pieces of thing....much more than my quilting "toys" and stash!