Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Pattern needed for two colors only >
  • Pattern needed for two colors only

• Pattern needed for two colors only

Old 02-26-2014, 10:03 AM
    Power Poster

The first pattern that popped into my head was Hunter's Star, but an Irish Chain quilt would be beautiful in red and white.
    Old 02-26-2014, 10:47 AM
    Power Poster

Burgoyne Surrounded is a great two color quilt.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...12._bF8Al-n6LU

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 02-26-2014 at 10:50 AM.
    Old 02-26-2014, 02:37 PM

I have been collecting red and white fabrics for a quilt myself. I'm thinking about doing a Log Cabin Star or an Ohio Star block quilt with various reds and whites. Think it would be pretty!
    Old 02-26-2014, 04:20 PM

Someone posted a link the other day to a perfect pattern. It is free from Blank Quilting. It is called red hot flash. It is an easy pattern too.
    Old 02-26-2014, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by silvam
    Good Morning: Can’t think of a better place to go for advise then this board. My granddaughter has been accepted to SJU their colors are you guessed Red and White – this is going to be her first time away from home. I thought that she can take a piece of comfort from home with her if she was to take her comforter which she has named “cloud” and has had for years. So I thought why not make her a duvet with the school colors and she can still take comfort when she is wrapped in her cloud. Can you suggest a pattern that would have two colors? Thank you in advance for any and all help.
    My new favorite pattern is "Starburst" by Moda. Go to modafabrics.com and type starburst into their search window. I do not care for 2 color quilts and will make this as a scrappy with lots of colors (with black) BUT-----I think it is gorgeous and it is even shown in red and white!!!!!! Enjoy! It is paper pieced but I don't paper piece well and this will be easy for me.....
    Old 02-26-2014, 11:37 PM

Default Heart quilt

I loved making this. I made up my own template, but BEWARE! I ironed fusible pellon onto the blue fabric, but when I cut the hearts in half and flipped one side over, the pellon was on top! So I ended up with another quilt. . one had blues on left and whites on right, the other visa versa! But the heart sentiment would be appropriate for yours and I think red would look good, too.
    Attached Thumbnails 100_3692.jpg   100_3693.jpg  
    Old 02-27-2014, 03:23 AM

Square in square but reverse the colours. red centre with white, white centre with red
    Old 02-27-2014, 06:53 AM

Irish Chain/Jacob's Ladder either would be my choice. Lucky GD to have DGM like you!!
    Old 02-27-2014, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by silvam
    Good Morning: Can’t think of a better place to go for advise then this board. My granddaughter has been accepted to SJU their colors are you guessed Red and White – this is going to be her first time away from home. I thought that she can take a piece of comfort from home with her if she was to take her comforter which she has named “cloud” and has had for years. So I thought why not make her a duvet with the school colors and she can still take comfort when she is wrapped in her cloud. Can you suggest a pattern that would have two colors? Thank you in advance for any and all help.
    First thing I'd try is finding a quilt block that has her name. Second a quilt block from your state. Next just look at the old standards. Plenty of them are 2 colors. Or you could always use my favorite----------Annie's Choice
    Old 02-27-2014, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by ruthrings
    I loved making this. I made up my own template, but BEWARE! I ironed fusible pellon onto the blue fabric, but when I cut the hearts in half and flipped one side over, the pellon was on top! So I ended up with another quilt. . one had blues on left and whites on right, the other visa versa! But the heart sentiment would be appropriate for yours and I think red would look good, too.

Love your heart pattern!