Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Pellon batting - anyone use this? >
  • Pellon batting - anyone use this?

• Pellon batting - anyone use this?

Old 08-14-2017, 04:00 AM

I have bought it from Walmart and used it with no issues. Even and smooth, easy to sandwich and quilt through. I bought the 9 yard bolt.
    Old 08-14-2017, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by meyert
    thank you! my niece it looking at Overstock.com's website.
    I would never think to look on Overstock.com for batting but they have a ton! I notice a lot is on sale but I don't need batting right now. Do they have sales often? Can I visit them later and still see good deals?

Thanks!
    Old 08-14-2017, 05:04 AM
    Power Poster

I have a bolt of Pellon Natural Touch with scrim I bought at Tuesday Mornings store. I like it just fine. In fact I ordered another bolt from Walmart when it was 50% off a few weeks ago.
    Old 08-14-2017, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by KenmoreGal2
    I would never think to look on Overstock.com for batting but they have a ton! I notice a lot is on sale but I don't need batting right now. Do they have sales often? Can I visit them later and still see good deals?

Thanks!
    I don't know. My niece actually found it on ebay and it was overstock.com is the seller
    Old 08-14-2017, 05:57 PM

I know I'm late responding, but I have used their 80/20, 100% cotton, and 60/40 and all are great IMHO. I first learned of this brand at Joann's. I have been looking for a cotton with more poly for a long time, so when I saw 60/40 at Joann's, I tried it. It is my go to batting for my personal use, and have introduced it to some other quilters. Around February I bought a roll from Overstock but haven't opened it yet. I also bought a roll of 80/20 at the Kansas City quilt show; haven't opened it either. I originally went to amazon for the 60/40, and the price was great the first time I looked with free shipping(btw, overstock was free shipping), but I didn't buy it right then and when I went back to order, it was much higher and no free shipping. And it stayed that way; probably still is. Joann's does not carry a roll, but their queen size with 50% off is about $12.50, which I think is VERY reasonable. I stockpiled quite a few queen size before I found the roll. Did I say I like their batting, especially the 60/40? Lol. It shows more definition of the quilting, which is why I really don't like W&N, too flat. But I do use it for other people's quilts, if that's what they like.