Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza >
  • Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza

• Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza

Old 08-29-2013, 06:39 AM

Default Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza

A friend of mine just invited me to go to the Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza the weekend of September 21st. We'll only be there for Saturday but I can't wait. Are any QB members going or have gone? Will take any tips on how to maximize our day. I've never been to a quilting show.
    Old 08-29-2013, 06:46 AM

I am going, and I have been for the past three years. It is my favorite show, very well put together and lots of variety. Wear comfy shoes, a cool top (it gets warm in there), and plenty of $.
    Old 08-29-2013, 07:31 AM

I'll be going. It's usually a great show! Last year I went there on a bus trip with the guild I'm in but they aren't having it this year so my friends or I will drive.
    Old 08-29-2013, 10:28 AM

It is a very well run show, lots of vendors, lots of beautiful quilts to view and good classes, too. I met a quilter from Long Island at the Hershey show which was her first show and she became a very good friend when we met again at the PA Extravaganza Show in Oaks. There is no stopping her show going now. Looking forward to meeting you, too.
    Old 08-29-2013, 05:15 PM

I'll be going, not sure how many times I have been to the show but love it. I sign up for classes every year and stay a few days, ditto to nyelphaba advise wear comfy shoes, cool top and bring plenty of $.
    Old 09-19-2013, 11:19 AM

I can't wait to go Saturday. We're staying overnight at the Hampton Inn. Anyone have any suggestions for dinner near the hotel?
    Old 09-19-2013, 01:41 PM
    Power Poster

I went last week! My mistake. I'm going again this Saturday. I only live an hour away so going on the wrong day wasn't so bad but, boy was I disappointed. I have been to this show three years running and am gob smacked every year. Just love this show. My DH and our D friend, Jack will make it a great day.

I'll be the one with two handsome, greying men, tagging behind me.

Have fun everyone and stay safe.
    peace
    Old 09-19-2013, 05:29 PM

Blondeslave,

Off the next exit on Rt. 29 in Collegeville is a very large town center with shopping and several restaurants. My pick is PF Changs but there are several others. And, if you are looking for something a little different, there is a movie theater that includes dining. You eat while you watch the movie. They should be able to give you info at the hotel. Enjoy the show. I will be going tomorrow.

Also, there is a quilt shop not too far away (maybe 8 miles) on Rt. 113 called Chester County Quilting. In that same small shopping center there is a good restaurant called "Epicurean". You should probably make reservations if going for dinner.

And, of course, King of Prussia Mall is just up Rt. 422 about 6-8 miles. Plenty of choices there.
    Old 09-20-2013, 03:29 AM

Pamar or anyone familiar with the area, I'm visiting the show on Sunday, then staying in Lancaster for a few days. Do you know of any quilt shops between the show and the Lancaster area? It looks like CCQ is closed on Sundays, but I might get out that way during the week after I visit all my regular stops in Lancaster. I would kind of like to see the mall. I've heard it's huge!

Thanks in advance!
    Old 09-21-2013, 04:42 PM

I am from the area. By Lancaster - do you mean the city or the County? There are many, many quilt shops in Lancaster County, but I can't think of any in Lancaster City itself. Maybe someone else knows of one.

There are a number of quilt shops in Intercourse, which is in Lancaster County. Do you know the name of the town you will be staying in?

Closer to the Show is The Quilt Block, which is on the same road (Rt. 113) as CCQ but further south near Rt. 100. There is also a shop called Generations in Pottstown, right off Rt. 422.

Oaks is about an hour away from Lancaster and Intercourse. So, depending on where you are staying, I would have more suggestions.

Oh - there is Steve's Sewing and Vac Center on Rt. 202 in King of Prussia. It is north of the Mall, which is also on Rt. 202. They are the shops closest to the Show. And the Mall is Huge and worth a visit.