Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Pfaff 1222 >
  • Pfaff 1222

• Pfaff 1222

Old 05-26-2013, 11:31 AM

Default Pfaff 1222

How good is this machine? anyone with any info is greatly appreciated. What sort of features does it have? Thanks in advance. Amy
    Old 05-26-2013, 11:56 AM

It is a wonderful machine. It is also almost 40 years old and parts will wear out or break. Parts are still available - depending on what it needs. It is great for free motion quilting, has lots of built in designs via cam stacks, and is a true horse when it comes to working. I tend to baby mine even though it just had a complete spa day a year ago. I save it for free motion quilting. It is not a super fast machine compared to some of the current machines available. If you can get it for a good price with all of the original books and accessories you won't be sorry.
    Old 05-26-2013, 12:15 PM

It also depends on the machine's history. WHen it was last used, when was it serviced last, how many owners has it had and how did they use it, do you have someone to service it ... not everyone will serivce the "old" Pfaffs.
    Having said that I own three - one for parts, one in Alberta and one I just picked up from its original owner who hadn't used it in ten years and just sold one that I'd picked up from an estate sale from the original owner who could not have used it in nearly 25 years. Can you tell I just love this machine?
    Like Mitch's Mom said, if you can get it for a good price with all the original books and accessories you won't be sorry.
    Old 05-26-2013, 02:07 PM

I love mine. But, I had to put about $200 into it as I bought it with a lot of problems. As for features, the most important is the IDT. But you can google for a free manual. I got my manual that way. It will have all the information about the machine in the manual.
    Old 08-23-2013, 02:50 PM

I bought my Pfaff 1222 just last year and so far (because I like vintage) I really like it. But I am still trying to get used to it and take advantage of the features. One question I have is to quilt with it, the manual shows to use the zipper foot with the quilting gauge and a "spring"-which I do not seem to have. Do you know where I can get this spring? I have searched the internet and cannot seem to find it. Also, to Mitch's Mom-how do I go about setting my machine up to free motion? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks