Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Pfaff Expression 4.0 >
  • Pfaff Expression 4.0

• Pfaff Expression 4.0

Old 02-13-2010, 12:47 PM

Well, I did it. I said to myself "Self, you only go this way once, so go ahead and buy it". It was easier when I told my husband what I was going to do 'cause he had just bought a new fancy tv. I ordered it today and my lqs should have it by next week. Now, I really have to get off my butt and start producing :!: :!: The one thing that's really going to hurt is the tax. - Here in Ontario, Canada, we pay 13% sales tax - ouch.
    Old 02-13-2010, 02:25 PM
    Power Poster

Wow. That sales tax is horrible. But that machine is wonderful. I can't wait for you to get it. Post a pic please. And have fun. I love my Pfaff.
    Old 02-13-2010, 02:26 PM

Oh...I'm so jealous. I want one too! Have you tried it out? I went to my LQS and she was sold out. It will be 3 weeks before she gets any more in. Boooo! I hope you love it!
    Old 02-13-2010, 04:06 PM

Two friends and I went to the shop earlier this week "Just looking". One of my friends has been looking for a new machine for awhile so while we were looking at the machines a clerk came over and was answering our general questions. We were all drawn to the 9" throat. She started showing us the stitches and special features. Well, you know the story ... My friend said she'd have to speak to hubbie and we left (after we spent too much money on fabric) Well, my friend did buy one. I've thought of nothing else since I left the store - It has everything I want and then some. So you know how it ended. I spent my children's inheritance :!:
    Old 02-13-2010, 04:13 PM

I have had mine now for about 6 months and I absolutely love it. I actually purchased mine from the UK and saved myself about $600 Australian, even with the freight.
    I do a lot of machine applique and I just love the way the presser foot lifts up with the needle in the needle down position. It makes pivoting so much easier and the thread cutter ... that's just something else. My old machine was a Janome Memory Craft that was 28 years old. I loved it to bits, but the Pfaff has completely won me over. Enjoy!!!!