Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Pfaff Expression 720 Sequencing >
  • Pfaff Expression 720 Sequencing

• Pfaff Expression 720 Sequencing

Old 05-05-2023, 03:32 PM

Question Pfaff Expression 720 Sequencing

Hi, all,
    I hope somebody has a suggestion! I haven't had any difficulty following the manual to use the sequencing capability on my Pfaff 720, but I cannot seem to figure out how to configure the text size for the entire string for labels. I seem to only be able to shrink letters one at a time, and that's a real pain. Does anybody know a way to either set it smaller (or different!) before you start entering the text, or change it all after? Or is the only way to do it one character at a time?
    Thank you in advance for any ideas you have!
    Robin
    Old 05-06-2023, 11:53 AM

On my Brother, I have to change them one at a time.
    Old 05-07-2023, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana
    On my Brother, I have to change them one at a time.
    Thanks, Barb!
    I kind of expected that to be the reason, and that's what I did yesterday before I saw your message.
    Robin
    Old 05-09-2023, 03:34 AM

I have Pfaffs but I do not have a 720. I have never cared for the built in alphabets so I have never played around with them. If you are on Facebook, there are several Pfaff groups and many of the group members have the 720. There are also several Techs/dealers as members as well that often answer questions . Just another option for finding your answer.
    Old 05-09-2023, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by eparys
    I have Pfaffs but I do not have a 720. I have never cared for the built in alphabets so I have never played around with them. If you are on Facebook, there are several Pfaff groups and many of the group members have the 720. There are also several Techs/dealers as members as well that often answer questions . Just another option for finding your answer.
    Thank you for your suggestion, Betty. I typically avoid Facebook like the plague but that sounds like an incentive to check. As I mentioned in my first post, there's nothing in the manual (which I checked before I posted my question) about changing the size of the entire string. I had searched extensively online and found no answer to my question. I've written and called Pfaff tech support and didn't really get anything from them either. I checked the great videos at sewingmastery and while she talks about sequencing, she doesn't say anything about font size. In my own experiments, there's no option other than changing them one letter at a time, which is not hard - just a pain. I guess I'll just keep doing it that way if I can't figure out a way to change them all at once for the length of the string since I prefer to make labels that won't wash away over time on quilts that see heavy usage.
    Thanks again everybody-
    Robin