Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Pfaff or no Pfaff >
  • Pfaff or no Pfaff

• Pfaff or no Pfaff

Old 04-27-2010, 03:40 PM

I have a Pfaff 7570 and love it. It is a bit of a diva, and doesn't like to work if it thinks my fabric isn't cute enough, but when it does work, it's like sewing through butter.
    Old 04-27-2010, 03:59 PM

I do not own a Pfaff, but I have sewn and embroidered on one. Pfaff makes a quality machine so if the price is right I don't think you can go wrong. Buy it, BUY IT NOW.

Having the ability to embroider will give you endless design opportunities. You are so fortunate to have a good friend that will sell you her well cared for machine. :wink:
    Old 04-27-2010, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Candace
    Do a search using the search feature above for the machine you're looking to buy. See if there have been threads about it.
    I agree, do a search
    Old 04-27-2010, 06:51 PM

I have a Pfaff 7570 and 2140. I would not trade either machine for any other brand. They both sew beautiful stitches, you can sew for hours just trying the built in stitches. The embroidery turns out very good.
    Check out www.Pfaff USA.com for more ideas using a Pfaff.
    I would buy the machine especially knowing it has been cared for. Give us a clue to the price.
    If I can help you with the machine please PM me. My sewing friend used to teach for Pfaff.
    Old 04-27-2010, 07:14 PM

I got a Pfaff expression 2. for Christmas and I love it. I did not think the attached walking foot was such a good deal, but it really is. If you haven't tried sewing on the machine, I would do that....but...if you know the owner and know she treated her machine well. You can't go wrong.
    Old 04-27-2010, 07:20 PM

I've had a Pfaff 7570 for nine years and wouldn't trade it for anything. The dual feed, or attached walking foot, is a quilter's dream come true. The Pfaff itself has been a real workhorse. It's never given me any trouble. I don't use the embroidery part very often because quilting is my passion. But, when I have used the embroidery part it's worked quite well.
    Old 04-28-2010, 03:45 AM

I own a 1475CD pfaff and Janome machines and I love them both. I love piecing on the pfaff as it does have the built in walking foot. I have not had any problems at all with the pfaff and this is the machine before computerized embroidery! Actually I have to manually punch in designs to embroider. Sews great! So I would definetly go get that machine, and jump at it ASAP!
    Old 04-28-2010, 04:31 AM

I have a Pfaff and love it dearly. Have had it for five years and had it routinely serviced once so far. I regularly clean it and oil it myself. I am very pleased with it. Highly recommend Pfaff!
    Old 04-28-2010, 05:18 AM

I have a Pfaff 7550 and a 2144. I love those machines! You will never regret buying a Pfaff! the duel feed is wonderful for nice even seams and stitching and the embroidery..................you can't go wrong. There are so many free embroidery designs out there on the internet that you can stitch out. I won't have anything but a Pfaff!
    Old 04-28-2010, 05:25 AM

I own 2 Pfaff. One I bought new, very basic machine. Wanted the walking foot. LOVE it. the other one I bought thru EBay #1471. It has more features. It is computerized and it is one tough machine. I accidentally knocked it off the table onto the floor & after I picked it up & put it back & reattached any pieces that popped off, it still worked perfectly. Have had it about 3 years and have had it serviced once.