Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Pfaff or no Pfaff >
  • Pfaff or no Pfaff

• Pfaff or no Pfaff

Old 04-28-2010, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by sewgull
    I have a Pfaff 7570 and 2140. I would not trade either machine for any other brand. They both sew beautiful stitches, you can sew for hours just trying the built in stitches. The embroidery turns out very good.
    Check out www.Pfaff USA.com for more ideas using a Pfaff.
    I would buy the machine especially knowing it has been cared for. Give us a clue to the price.
    If I can help you with the machine please PM me. My sewing friend used to teach for Pfaff.
    Thanks for the advice and offer. My LQS is also a Pfaff dealer. Everything is falling in place so I am going to go for it!!!
    Old 04-28-2010, 08:29 AM

THANK YOU ALL for the advice. I did a search and found both negative and positive comments - more positive than negative. Then based on all of your positive comments, I AM GOING FOR IT. Seeing her this weekend. Thanks for all your help.
    Old 04-28-2010, 08:55 AM

I love my CV 5.0
    Best machine ever!!!
    Kirsten
    Old 04-29-2010, 03:10 AM

I have been sewing with a Pfaff for 12-15 yr and I would never be without one .... the IDT feature makes all the difference. My first Pfaff was a 7560 (no embroidery unit) ... I gave it to my daughter and upgraded to a 7570 (same machine with embroidery unit) .. I sold it 2 yr ago and purchased the new Creative Vision ... it is fabulous. Both of my old machines are still in use and run like a top.

I used to sew doll clothes and clothes for my granddaughters as well as mend my husband's jeans ... my Pfaff went from delicate fabric to jeans with no problem and the embroidery was great.

I have had many other brands, but Pfaff is top of the line in my opinion. I am now retired and quilt ... Pfaff does it all.
    Old 04-29-2010, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
    I have a Pfaff 2030 that has been a real workhorse for the last 10 years. In that 10 years I only had it cleaned once. Once you get used to the built in walking foot the add on ones are so clunky and slow you'll never want to use any other machine!
    I agree - the walking foot can't be beat! I've had Pfaff's for over 20 years. But, scissor queen, please get it cleaned - there's build up in there that we can't get at -your machine will thank you!
    Old 04-29-2010, 05:21 AM

I LOVE MY PFAFF!!!! I started sewing on my grandmother's singer at the age of 9, bought an Elna (used for 30 years still keep it 'cause it's a workhorse and my backup machine). Bought another Elna (Quilter's Dream) but that machine couldn't keep up to the amount of sewing I do (and couldn't sew fast enough) so I purchased a used Pfaff 1475 and absolutely love it. I never knew sewing could be this easy and fun!!! Love it! :lol:
    Old 04-29-2010, 05:43 AM

Have a Pfaff 2046 Quilt Expression and once we became aquainted we are best friends---took a little while but I love it now and would recommend a Pfaff and the built in walking foot is great---getting used to a computerized machine did take a little while and patience
    Old 04-29-2010, 05:43 AM

Have a Pfaff 2046 Quilt Expression and once we became aquainted we are best friends---took a little while but I love it now and would recommend a Pfaff and the built in walking foot is great---getting used to a computerized machine did take a little while and patience
    Old 04-29-2010, 05:59 AM

I definitely agree !! Any new machine .. especially the electronic machines ... have a learning curve ... I may never use all of the features that my Pfaff Creative Vision has, but the built in walking foot, the 3D/4D embroidery, the ability to scan any photo into the embroidery unit, the thousands of embroidery and the ease of using them is fabulous and the only downside is that the nearest dealer is about 3 hr away ... but I knew that when I purchased my new machine ... it's worth it !!

quilt4luv
    Old 04-29-2010, 06:48 AM

I have a Pfaff 6250 and I really love it. I also have a Bernina but the Pfaff is my workhorse.