Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Pfaff or no Pfaff >
  • Pfaff or no Pfaff

• Pfaff or no Pfaff

Old 04-29-2010, 04:16 PM

Hi:

I own a Pfaff and have had it for seven years have never had a problem and love it would not want any other macine. Like one of the ladies said with the built in walking foot you never have to put up with those clunky
    attachements again. :-D
    Old 04-29-2010, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by lovinquilting
    I have an opportunity to buy a used Pfaff well-maintained sewing/embroidery machine for a very reasonable price. Of course, nothing will replace my Featherweight. I have come to rely heavily on this message board and wondering if any of you will be willing to share your pros and cons regarding Pfaff machines. Thank you.
    I have 3 Pfaff machines and love all three. I'll never buy another brand. I do love my featherweight too! I did professional dressmaking for 40 years and most of that time was using a Pfaff.
    Old 04-29-2010, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltmaniac
    I have the 2134 - don't hear much about these, I don't think too many were made. I love it, and will never make another quilt without a Pfaff machine with the IDT (integrated dual feed) - it takes the two layers of fabric evenly over feed dogs without one layer feeding faster than the other. Corners finally meet!!

However I should warn you that having an embroidery machine will give you a new addiction. In the three years that I have had mine, I have used it almost to the exclusion of quilting until just recently. And to the quilt fabric stash now has to be added every shade of thread, every type of stabilizer, and designs, designs and more designs (my worst addiction at the moment).
    Embroidery Library.com is one of the best places to buy. And if you need advice I have gleaned so much from Sewforum.com - everyone is so helpful.
    I agree about Emb Library. They have great designs!!!
    Old 04-29-2010, 04:33 PM

I have a Pfaff that's at least 15 yrs old and it still sews like a dream. And the built in walking foot is wonderful for quilting.
    Old 04-29-2010, 04:39 PM

I love my QE 2044. It does what it's supposed to do without any "tweeking". I regularly look on the Pfaff site and lust after the new machines.
    Grab the machine and don't look back.
    Old 04-29-2010, 04:42 PM

I have a 7570 and 2170 and I love them both and use hem both - could not have made a better investment.
    Old 04-29-2010, 05:30 PM

I have arthritis in my hands. My Pfaffs are the reason I am still quilting. I love them. They are real workhorses.
    Enjoy.
    Old 04-29-2010, 05:58 PM

I love my PFaff machine I have had mine for over 10 yr it was used when i got it and its been singalong every since
    Old 04-29-2010, 06:44 PM

I have had 3 Paff machines in the last 8 yrs. Each time I get one I upgrade to a a nicer model. I have a Creative Vision embroidery machine now, it really doesn't need me to embroidery. I will never buy anything but a Paff again. My first was the 2170, I cried when I traded it in. I was deeply in love with it. It was like getting rid of one of the family. The Pfaff has so many features that you'll be spoiled and never want to use anything elce. Love it, love it, love it.
    Old 04-29-2010, 06:50 PM

I have a 2054 and a 2170 - I love both of them. They were both "new to me". One I purchased from a dealer and the other one I purchased off of Craigslist. I am actually looking for an Expression 3 for a class machine since I love the other two and the best part of the two I own and the one I am looking for is the IDT. I have grown to love and depend on this feature.