Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Pfaff or no Pfaff >
  • Pfaff or no Pfaff

• Pfaff or no Pfaff

Old 04-29-2010, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
    I have a Pfaff 2030 that has been a real workhorse for the last 10 years. In that 10 years I only had it cleaned once. Once you get used to the built in walking foot the add on ones are so clunky and slow you'll never want to use any other machine!
    The built-in walking foot is great...just remember to engage it...ask me how I know :P
    Old 04-29-2010, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by lovinquilting
    Thanks. This one is a 2124. I know the owner and believe me when I say she treated with the same affection as I treat my featherweight.
    My 2124 is in the shop right now waiting for a computer part. The part is $219 and the labor will be around $75. I've had the machine 4 years. I bought it new. I've made several quilts on it and done clothes and mending, so it has been working hard. My old Bernina 830 I've had for almost 38 years and it has millions of miles on it and in that time frame been in the shop 3 times for cleaning and 2 times for timing. It's the one I'm using right now to finish a quilt while waiting for the Pfaff.
    Old 04-29-2010, 09:00 PM
    Banned

I won't ever have one because no money, but it sounds wonderful. God bless. Penny
    Old 04-30-2010, 05:45 AM

Hi all you Pfaff owners. I learned to sew many many years ago on my Mom's Pfaff, I was in the third grade when I started and I'm retired now. Most of the time I've sewn on a Bernina 830, but last year bought a Pfaff CV 5.5 What a wonderful machine! I'm still learning to use it, but I love it so much I can hardly pass the machine without stopping to sew. This Pfaff sews like a dream! Is there a CV forum site? or someplace else you've been to that a new Pfaff owner should know about?
    Old 04-30-2010, 08:27 AM

I have a pfaff 1472 that I love. I love the builting walking foot and wouldn't get rid of it for anything. I have never had any problems and when I had it cleaned after several years, the gentleman that worked on it offer to buy it for almost what I gave for it. He said it was one of the best machine made. I also have 15 other machines like 7 feather weights, a Bernina etc. But, the feather wights and Pfaff are my favorite
    Old 04-30-2010, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by pflum1
    I have a pfaff 1472 that I love. I love the builting walking foot and wouldn't get rid of it for anything. I have never had any problems and when I had it cleaned after several years, the gentleman that worked on it offer to buy it for almost what I gave for it. He said it was one of the best machine made. I also have 15 other machines like 7 feather weights, a Bernina etc. But, the feather wights and Pfaff are my favorite
    15 Machines - WOW! Are you a collector? Now that I have a featherweight and because I love them so much, I am also looking into getting another one - even if it means just looking at it. I am going to get my Pfaff this weekend.
    Old 04-30-2010, 09:01 AM
    Power Poster

I have 3 Pfaffs and until I got the Performance 2058 last year, I would have yelled from the roof tops to get a Pfaff, but this beastie is very temperamental. She likes to chew up thin fabric (for which I could buy a straight stitch cover plate). The lighting is really poor and the other thing that drives me batty is the annoying low bobbin indicator.

That said, I just tested a Singer Quantum L-500 (which is a mix between the Babylock Quest Plus and the Janome 6600) and it is a noisy clunker. Compared to that, the Pfaff humms. Smooth sailing.

If you got the money and want a Pfaff, I would recommend looking at the Expressions line which has the large throat opening. Identify the features that are important to you and test drive it.
    Old 04-30-2010, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    I have 3 Pfaffs and until I got the Performance 2058 last year, I would have yelled from the roof tops to get a Pfaff, but this beastie is very temperamental. She likes to chew up thin fabric (for which I could buy a straight stitch cover plate). The lighting is really poor and the other thing that drives me batty is the annoying low bobbin indicator.

That said, I just tested a Singer Quantum L-500 (which is a mix between the Babylock Quest Plus and the Janome 6600) and it is a noisy clunker. Compared to that, the Pfaff humms. Smooth sailing.

If you got the money and want a Pfaff, I would recommend looking at the Expressions line which has the large throat opening. Identify the features that are important to you and test drive it.
    To get what I really want, the Expression line, costs more money than I have right now. Tried one at my LQS and fell in love. I am going to buy the Pfaff from my friend and then upgrade it when I have more money.
    Old 04-30-2010, 09:58 AM

I have 3 PFaff's-7550, 1222E, 1222-1-Viking, 1-Brother, 1-Feather Weight. I started with Singer Touch & Sew but for quilting there isn't a better machine for me than the Pfaff. Moosegirl
    Old 04-30-2010, 11:25 AM

I have had a Pfaff for about 10 years and would never use anything else! I love the built in walking foot for one thing. It has been an extremely reliable machine! I guess it's all in what you get used to.